SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 03:02 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin
Hi Kirby,
  • Things are still a little rough around the edges right now, but I’m working on fixing it as fast as I can
  • Yes, you can configure this plug-in so the transcoding gets done on any PC you like. Hell, you could set up a transcoding PC that doesn’t even have SageTV installed on it
  • Multi-core encoding is supported in mencoder provided that the codec you are using supports it (I know Xvid does). It’s just a matter of looking up the encoding options you need to set to enable it.
  • I don’t know anything about HDTV lite, but I’m almost 100% sure that you could create an encoding profile that would handle it
Cool! Do you have any x264 profiles in there yet? I havent had time to download it and look.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:06 PM
SageTVaholic

11/20/06 v2.0a - Recommended for everyone

Change list-
  • Bugfix: (SageMC) Mencoder was crashing on some people’s computers. I swapped out mencoder with the new official build. If you want to try and use some optimized versions, you can download them here… http://ffdshow.faireal.net/mirror/mplayer/
  • Bugfix: (SageMC) Audio size was being incorrectly estimated.
  • Bugfix: (SageMC) Enabling/disabling features wasn’t working on SageTV Client or SageTV running as a service. This was a STVi issue so you’ll have to re-import.
  • Bugfix: (SageMC) The hardcoded default encoding profile had some incorrect parameters.
  • Bugfix: (SageMC) The 2-Pass Xvid profile included had some incorrect parameters.
  • Bugfix: Wasn’t detecting invalid parameters soon enough.
  • Bugfix: Removed old preference that enabled dirmon-less operation, this is no longer supported.
  • Bugfix: DVD menu generation would always fail when you were using UNC paths for videos
  • Enhancement: Added the option to use a centralized work folder rather than using the recording drives.
  • Enhancement: Removed perl2dvd.pref and perl2dvd.advanced.pref from the download. These will automatically be generated by perl2dvdsetup.exe
  • Enhancement: perl2dvdsetup.exe now makes a backup of your old pref files instead of just ovewritting them
  • Enhancement: perl2dvdsetup.exe specifically asks you about a few important advanced preference items
  • Known Issue – UNC paths break the iso creation for DVD’s

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...do=file&id=142

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)

Last edited by evilpenguin; 11-21-2006 at 08:25 AM.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Looks like your client has an old version of add2dvdq.exe. If you replace it, the problem should go away.
Duh, I guess I didn't extract and overwrite ALL the files needed. Thanks, my client is creating the right files in the right locations!

Quote:
The menuGen thing, is a known issue when you're using UNC paths for your recordings. I've got the fix for that ready to go for tonight's build.
Great, look forward to it.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:35 AM
SageTVaholic

If you liked v2.0a, you'll love v2.0b

Change list-
  • Bugfix: Fixed 2 more UNC path issues

Attached Files
File Type: zip SageMC_Video_Tools_v2_0b_upgrade.zip (601.3 KB, 465 views)

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 11-21-2006, 11:20 AM
SageTVaholic

optimized mencoder builds

I've noticed that the Official mencoder build is significantly slower than some of the optimized versions you can find. I highly recommend that you grab a processor specific build from one of these two sites...

http://oss.netfarm.it/mplayer-win32.php
http://ffdshow.faireal.net/mirror/mplayer/

Old 11-21-2006, 11:33 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Nice site:

Quote:
Internet Explorer 7 Banned
Internet Explorer 7 is banned from this server.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
Nice site:
Haha, nice

Old 11-21-2006, 11:46 AM
Sage User

Just a quick pointer to anyone having problems getting the process kick off, Dirmon2 wouldn't start the perl2dvd job with my Showanalyzer job settings (SA was 1st on the list, and had some drive / file conditions applied). I've removed the SA job for now (and reduced the polling setting to 10secs), and it launches the perl2dvd job fine.

The batch file for the job appears in the 'Other Programs' screen - however, when ready for burning (and after), different thumbnails for the same job remain there. So for example, the one job will have a 'queued' thumbnail and one for 'finished'. Actually, one job has 'processing' and 'finished'. Should these files be deleted automatically?

http://www.osirisphoto.com
Old 11-21-2006, 06:51 PM
Sage User

I gave this a shot but I am not getting anywhere. I do not have a DVDR drive but would like to use the conversion routines to create a divx file. I disabled the Burn DVD setting after importing the STV. Does this plugin require that a DVDR drive is connected?
Old 11-21-2006, 06:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by darc87
I gave this a shot but I am not getting anywhere. I do not have a DVDR drive but would like to use the conversion routines to create a divx file. I disabled the Burn DVD setting after importing the STV. Does this plugin require that a DVDR drive is connected?
Nope, the conversion and the DVD part are completely separate so you should be just fine. Where are you getting stuck in the install?

Old 11-21-2006, 08:05 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Nope, the conversion and the DVD part are completely separate so you should be just fine. Where are you getting stuck in the install?
Everything seems fine at first. I select XVID then I get the sage spinning icon and thats it. I check the TEMP dir and I have a jpg and lnk file. The JPG is an image of the ImageBurn program. With the about screen showing.
Old 11-21-2006, 08:07 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Everything seems fine at first. I select XVID then I get the sage spinning icon and thats it. I check the TEMP dir and I have a jpg and lnk file. The JPG is an image of the ImageBurn program. With the about screen showing.
Some log info:

----------------------------------------------------------
Welcome to add2dvdq v2.0a
Staring Proccesing at

------------------Advanced Preferences--------------------
non-MPEG file info regEX = \d{1,2}x\d{1,2} -
Optional path to SageTV or SageClient executable relative burning computer for .bat file =
Optional other programs special extention =
Disable creating readable file names = 0
RegEX for stripping out illigal charactors in readable filename = '|"|\\|/|\||<|>|:|\*|\?|\&|\;|`
burnImage =
Found 6 advanced preferences
gm = C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\perl2DVD\gm.exe
burnImage = C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\perl2DVD\burnImage.jpg

QdvdLine = D:\TV Shows\Sage Video Recordings\GeneralHospital-64772-0.mpg!!!2-Pass Xvid@@@General Hospital###$$$Luke, Lucky, Lulu and Nikolas give Laura an early Christmas; Laura offers Lulu her love and support; Luke apologizes after lashing out at Tracy; Laura begins to suffer memory lapses; Carly warns Jason not to get involved with Elizabeth.%%%
Type = vidLib
Addmode = s

Full Path = D:\TV Shows\Sage Video Recordings\GeneralHospital-64772-0.mpg
Extention = D:\TV Shows\Sage Video Recordings\GeneralHospital-64772-0(.mpg)
Filename = D:\TV Shows\Sage Video Recordings\(GeneralHospital-64772-0.mpg)
File = (GeneralHospital-64772-0).mpg
Full file = (D:\TV Shows\Sage Video Recordings\GeneralHospital-64772-0).mpg
showTitle = (General Hospital)###$$$Luke, Lucky, Lulu and Nikolas give Laura an early Christmas; Laura offers Lulu her love and support; Luke apologizes after lashing out at Tracy; Laura begins to suffer memory lapses; Carly warns Jason not to get involved with Elizabeth.%%%
episodeName= ()$$$Luke, Lucky, Lulu and Nikolas give Laura an early Christmas; Laura offers Lulu her love and support; Luke apologizes after lashing out at Tracy; Laura begins to suffer memory lapses; Carly warns Jason not to get involved with Elizabeth.%%%
episodeDesc= (Luke, Lucky, Lulu and Nikolas give Laura an early Christmas; Laura offers Lulu her love and support; Luke apologizes after lashing out at Tracy; Laura begins to suffer memory lapses; Carly warns Jason not to get involved with Elizabeth.)%%%
showTitle = (General Hospital)###$$$Luke, Lucky, Lulu and Nikolas give Laura an early Christmas; Laura offers Lulu her love and support; Luke apologizes after lashing out at Tracy; Laura begins to suffer memory lapses; Carly warns Jason not to get involved with Elizabeth.%%%
episodeName= ()$$$Luke, Lucky, Lulu and Nikolas give Laura an early Christmas; Laura offers Lulu her love and support; Luke apologizes after lashing out at Tracy; Laura begins to suffer memory lapses; Carly warns Jason not to get involved with Elizabeth.%%%
episodeDesc= (Luke, Lucky, Lulu and Nikolas give Laura an early Christmas; Laura offers Lulu her love and support; Luke apologizes after lashing out at Tracy; Laura begins to suffer memory lapses; Carly warns Jason not to get involved with Elizabeth.)%%%
Adding D:\TV Shows\Sage Video Recordings\GeneralHospital-64772-0.mpg!!!2-Pass Xvid@@@General Hospital###$$$Luke, Lucky, Lulu and Nikolas give Laura an early Christmas; Laura offers Lulu her love and support; Luke apologizes after lashing out at Tracy; Laura begins to suffer memory lapses; Carly warns Jason not to get involved with Elizabeth.%%% to qdvd file - General Hospital
MultiVideo File = C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\qdvd folder\General Hospital.vidLibList
Number of Videos = 1
Creating qdvd file from General Hospital.0
Executing- "C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\perl2DVD\gm.exe" composite -resize 150x150 "C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\perl2dvd\queued.png" "C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\perl2DVD\burnImage.jpg" "C:\temp\General Hospital.vidLibList.0.burn_i.jpg"
Old 11-21-2006, 08:08 PM
SageTVaholic

11/21/06 v2.0c -
  • Bugfix: Fixed an issue where a file overwrite warning was hanging the process
  • Enhancement: Added easy single video DVD creation, check out the single_video_dvd.batch for an example.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageMC_Video_Tools_v2_0c_upgrade.zip (601.5 KB, 377 views)

Old 11-21-2006, 08:11 PM
Sage User

Wait...its seems to be working now. However I did attach a DVDR drive this time. Should I be getting some sort of status update as to progress?
Old 11-21-2006, 08:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Some log info:
So no files are being created in your qdvdFolder, aside from dvdList.log?

Quote:
Wait...its seems to be working now. However I did attach a DVDR drive this time. Should I be getting some sort of status update as to progress?
If you open dirmon2 GUI you should see the file being processed, and also you should be see a qdvd.log file in the qdvd folder.

Last edited by evilpenguin; 11-21-2006 at 08:18 PM.
Old 11-21-2006, 08:18 PM
Sage User

Quote:
So no files are being created in your qdvdFolder, aside from dvdList.log?
It is creating a TEMP.MPG file a subdirectory of my recording directory called: General Hospital.vidLibList.0.WorkFolder
Old 11-21-2006, 08:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
It is creating a TEMP.MPG file a subdirectory of my recording directory called: General Hospital.vidLibList.0.WorkFolder
Sounds like it's working, you can check the qdvd.log file to see what it's status is. There will be times when it looks like nothing is happening, but there's a lot of work happening behind the curtains.

Old 11-21-2006, 08:22 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Sounds like it's working, you can check the qdvd.log file to see what it's status is. There will be times when it looks like nothing is happening, but there's a lot of work happening behind the curtains.
Is there a way to track the status within SageTV?
Old 11-21-2006, 08:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Is there a way to track the status within SageTV?
Yeah, there's a very basic status checking though the other programs menu. It should update the pictures based on what's happening. Yellow = queued, Blue = Working, Red = Error, DVD = Done. Adding a fancy % done indicator would take a lot of time and really just be eye candy. Besides, why would you watch a little status bar when you could be watching TV

Old 11-21-2006, 09:52 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Yeah, there's a very basic status checking though the other programs menu. It should update the pictures based on what's happening. Yellow = queued, Blue = Working, Red = Error, DVD = Done. Adding a fancy % done indicator would take a lot of time and really just be eye candy. Besides, why would you watch a little status bar when you could be watching TV
Big thanks for all your hard work.

Where do I find this "other programs menu"? Forgive my ignorance but I am still very green.
Closed Thread