SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 11-17-2006, 11:21 PM

ATI All In Wonder Radeon Supported or Not?

I have searched the forum and web. It seems that no one has been talking about it. But I just cannot make AIW Radeon to work with SageTV. The video source setup went fine, and it even plays one channel in "color calibration". But that's all, SageTV will never play any TV, just a black window. Someone said that only hardware encoder cards are supported. But I have a Hauppauge WinTV cards that works pretty well with SageTV using software encoding. Anyone has a clue on it? Thanks.
Old 11-18-2006, 12:02 AM
Administrator

Some software encoder cards work OK & some don't. The SageTV System Requirements page has a comment about such cards, though it doesn't have a list of all software encoder cards.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-18-2006, 01:48 AM
Sage Icon

I did get the AIW to work with Sage but I believe I remember I had to edit a line in the properties file that excluded it ...

Besides that, the AIW software encoded cards don't perform as well as hardware encoded. At least in my experience.
Old 11-20-2006, 12:48 AM
Sage User

Which driver version are you using? ATI seems to have broken something with the AIW cards in SageTV since the 6.3 drivers. My AIW works fine with version 6.2.
Old 11-21-2006, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDavis
Which driver version are you using? ATI seems to have broken something with the AIW cards in SageTV since the 6.3 drivers. My AIW works fine with version 6.2.
Thanks. Version 6.2 doesn't work either. Everytime I click "watch tv" or "program guide", SageTV will lock up something. The program will lose response or at least lock up something. It cannot exit or be killed by task manager. Only restarting PC will make the capture device work again. Media Player Classic does the same thing when trying to Open Device. VLC works fine.