SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 11-18-2006, 12:18 AM
Sage Aficionado

Rip DVD with SageMC?

Hi,

I finally made the move to Sage MC 6.3 and I'm loving it. There are so many options!

Now I'm curious. I currently rip my non-copyright protected DVD's by manually coping the VIDEO_TS Folder from the DVD into my SageTV DVD Import folder so I can watch them at anytime form within Sage.

I was wondering if there already is a feature in SageMC which will simply rip a DVD from within the Interface, or if there is a way I could "custom build" such a command via the dynamic menus?

Also, is there a difference in using the IMDB look up or the DVD Profiler? I currently use the IMDB lookup after ripping my DVD's on my HD.

Thanks.
Old 11-18-2006, 01:13 AM
Sage Expert

I think this: http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...ad.php?t=21419 would answer your first question.
Old 11-18-2006, 02:03 AM
Sage Aficionado

If I'm not mistaken that plugin allows me to burn DVD's from SageTV.

What I am looking for is to rip DVD's into Sage Tv. Let me know if I'm wrong about this.
Old 11-18-2006, 03:34 AM
Sage Aficionado

dvddecrypter options

Hi Ikarus,

I use dvd decrypter for ripping. I assume it's still available for download somewhere. I've placed a shortcut in the "other programs" menu with the following command line options;

"C:\Program Files\DVD Decrypter\DVDDecrypter.exe" /mode file /start /files all /close

You also need to configure DVDDecrypter to use semi automatic naming and nominate a base directory to which you will rip your dvd's (this option is pretty easy to fathom). The end result is that I can pop a disc into the drive, select the decrypter option from "other programs" and the dvd is ripped to a directory that is included in my video paths and then dvddecrypter exits.

I hope this helps.

Mick.
Old 11-18-2006, 04:13 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hi Mick,

thank you so much for your reply. This seem to work so far.

However, now I still got the problem that SageTV quits when I start ripping a DVD. I created the shortcut as you said. Then I went ahead and created a "New External Program" in my SageTVMCE menu, selected the shortcut, left the arguments empty, and selected "Do Nothing" from the "Do you want to Change Sage's Staus While this Program is running" option. Then I named it "Rip DVD."

Did I do anything wrong?

[EDIT2] I'm using Full Screen Exclusive Mode.

Last edited by ikarus79m; 11-18-2006 at 05:05 AM.
Old 11-18-2006, 05:38 AM
SageTVaholic

First of all.. DVD Decrypter is not legal.

Secondly, it sounds like what you need is a stvi which asks you to name the video folder then copies using xcopy or the like to the folder it just created based on the name you provided.

Should be fairly straight forward to those who knows studio. The folder naming and browsing widgets are already there. Everything should copy fine because the DVD is not encrypted anyways.

b
Old 11-18-2006, 05:39 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hi Ikarus,

I'm a newb with Sage so am not sure why Sage would be exiting. Do you find that fs exclusive mode gives you noticibly better performance? I tried it but didn't perceive any improvement. Does Sage quit if you turn off fs exclusive mode?

I read something about being able to force different behavior such as quitting or sleeping sage on launch by naming your shortcuts in a particular way. I don't recall the details sorry.

Good luck.

Mick.
Old 11-18-2006, 05:44 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickp
Hi Ikarus,

I'm a newb with Sage so am not sure why Sage would be exiting. Do you find that fs exclusive mode gives you noticibly better performance? I tried it but didn't perceive any improvement. Does Sage quit if you turn off fs exclusive mode?

I read something about being able to force different behavior such as quitting or sleeping sage on launch by naming your shortcuts in a particular way. I don't recall the details sorry.

Good luck.

Mick.
Sage actually minimizes when I start the program and I need to manually maximize it again. If I don't use Full Screen Exclusive it doesn't minimize but the DVDEncrypter simply pops up on top my my SageTV Window.

Do you call the program for the Other Programs folder, or with a link in a Dynamic Menu?

Also, does DVD Encrypter not pop up in front of your Sage Window, or push it away in any way?

I feel that FSE gives me better quality all over. Not sure if it's true but it seems like that to me. :-)

Last edited by ikarus79m; 11-18-2006 at 05:46 AM.
Old 11-18-2006, 07:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikarus79m
Sage actually minimizes when I start the program and I need to manually maximize it again.
Hi Ikarus,

if you append a "_i" to your link (e.g. ripper.lnk -> ripper_i.lnk), SageMC will not minimize after executing the program

Dirk
Old 11-18-2006, 07:15 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
If I'm not mistaken that plugin allows me to burn DVD's from SageTV.
Sorry, my bad!
Old 11-18-2006, 08:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Hi Ikarus,

if you append a "_i" to your link (e.g. ripper.lnk -> ripper_i.lnk), SageMC will not minimize after executing the program

Dirk
Hi Phillip,

I missed the part about FSE. You can use Niel's built-in dynamic menus to start the program, it offers an option to temporarily disable FSE (I never tried it though, since I dont use FSE)...

Dirk
Old 11-18-2006, 03:11 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Hi Phillip,

I missed the part about FSE. You can use Niel's built-in dynamic menus to start the program, it offers an option to temporarily disable FSE (I never tried it though, since I dont use FSE)...

Dirk
Hi Dirk,

thanks for your reply. I did that but it still minimizes SageTV and it's just so inconvinient to have no control over Sage during the entire (35min) ripping process.

Is there maybe another program similar to DVDDecrypt that runs on only a command line in the background or minimized without taking focus from Sage?

For my purposes it doesn't even have to Decrypt the DVD's but just copy the VIDEO_TS folder into a new folder by the name of the DVD into my DVD import folder.
Old 11-19-2006, 01:06 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikarus79m
Hi Dirk,

thanks for your reply. I did that but it still minimizes SageTV and it's just so inconvinient to have no control over Sage during the entire (35min) ripping process.
Hi Ikarus,

Do you get acceptable performance without the full screen setting?

Mick.
Old 11-19-2006, 01:10 AM
SageTVaholic

There's an option in the SageTV preferences "ScreenSaver on Sleep", make sure this is set to enabled.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 11-19-2006, 04:58 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin
There's an option in the SageTV preferences "ScreenSaver on Sleep", make sure this is set to enabled.
That has always been enabled in my setup, doesn't seem to make a difference.
Old 11-19-2006, 05:00 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickp
Hi Ikarus,

Do you get acceptable performance without the full screen setting?

Mick.
If I dont have the Full Screen Exclusive mode enabled the DVDDecrypter window simply pops up on top of my SageWindow instead of minimizing it.