SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 11-20-2006, 03:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

Minimizing While Sleeping

I'm running 6.0.14.

It's on a dedicated HTPC box, so I have it set to use a screensaver (basic logo) when Sage is sleeping.

Without fail, the next day when the TV is turned on, I get the desktop with Sage sitting in the tray.

I maximize it and all is well again.

I don't have power management or screen savers enabled in WinXP. The only processes that happen overnight is a virus def download (no full scan though), and Diskeeper defrag.

Im new to Sage, so is this by design, or a problem? Suggestions?

Thanks!
Old 11-20-2006, 07:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

I am having a similiar issue, has appeared in the Beta.

I hope it is not by design. J/K

I submitted a bug report, unfortunately for me I have to close Sage, if I maximize there is a good chance things don't go well.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

I too have seen this issue on mine. Each morning I wake to find the desktop front and center. I think FSE might not be working right and when something pops up Sage minimizes to the taskbar.

Can't prove it yet, but I do know I see things on top of Sage now in the .14 where before nothing would be on top. Something changed there.
Old 11-25-2006, 01:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

A quick update and bump -

I determined that, when my AVG anti virus downloads updates a 4AM, it steals focus.

Apparently Sage will not aggressivley keep focus, so it yields and minimizes itself to the tray.

Sage needs to have some "Always On Top" code added for full screen mode, and it needs to be aggressive.

I don't want to leave my AVG updates shut off, so I guess I'll have to use PSTools to schedule Sage to close for the duration of the AVG update window, and restart afterwards.

Overall, though, loving 6.0.15!
Old 11-25-2006, 04:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

Yup, I use avg as well and I found this out today as well. The odd thing is that with FSE this should not happen from what I've read, and it didn't before. Something changed in the Beta is all I can tell.