SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 10-31-2003, 03:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

Multpile cards found winTV 250 fresh install?

I am in need of help. I am trying to install a winTV PVR 250 in my system (winXP, athlon XP, Azus MB), fresh install of windows with all updates.

When I install the drivers it installs good, but after it loads the drivers for the card, it finds a second card, and the winTV drivers do not work for it.

What is this second card? I also tried all the tricks (HCWclear,clear .bat file, deleting registry references to the card, add/remove programs, restarts, etc..) numerious times with no success, it still finds two pieces of hardware.

Also, when I try to use the card via s-video and the winTV 2000 application, it pulls the first frame then locks up windows, no way to get out of it but press the restart button on the comp.

Any ideas?

Also, the drivers on the www.shspvr.com forums are newer than the ones at Hauppauge. Are these releases from them, or beta drivers? Should I use the newer ones located there? Or will I get better and more stable picture/results by using the ones at the Hauppauge site.

Anyone else here have that problem? I searched with no success. Can anyone help? I looked at www.shspvr.com also and posted there and at AVS.
Old 10-31-2003, 05:56 PM
SageTVaholic

I can vouch for the v1.7.21199 release (at shspvr.com) as the most effective/stable of those that I've tried (and I think I've tried 5 sets). Those that are newer than 199 may also be good, but I haven't tried them yet.

WinTV2000 brought my machine to a near standstill when I tried to use it through VNC (no keyboard/mouse on my HTPC, so when I'm configuring and testing I use VNC).
Old 10-31-2003, 07:42 PM
Sage Aficionado

I had a similar problem on a via chipset motherboard, I had to disable the onboard sound and use a sound card to get it to get past the few seconds of audio/video without locking up.
Old 11-02-2003, 02:12 PM
Sage

Second card? There should only be a single device installed for each PVR250 capture card.

What's the name it gives for the 1st and 2nd cards?
Old 11-03-2003, 09:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

Well after a weekend of trying to get it to work (it still does not work) I think I found some reasons why.

Narflex - The first card it finds is the actual card itself, and loads the 250 drivers fine. The second card will not accept any drivers at all, not on the 250 CD, or updated files that have been downloaded. It also does not find any on the windows XP cd.

mikbro - What process did you do to get the audio and 250 card working all the time? Do you have to enable and disable every restart?

I have a ASUS A7V8X mobo with Realtek 6-channel CODEC sound. When I disable that and start up the winTV 2000 program it does not lock up my computer, but says it cannot find stream, or something like that. (Sorry at work right now).

With the sound driver enabled, I see the first frame of picture, then my whole computer locks up, and I have to press the reset button.

Also when I load the drivers for the 250, it only loads one, for the video. Should there be a seperate audio driver showing up in hardware manager?

I had the same cards in my old system woking, but when I built the new one, the 250 card is not working.

Anyone here know confilcts with the Realtek sound? Also what drivers should I be using, the ones from the manafacuter or newer ones from the SHS page? And what's up with the second card? I posted over at the SHS forums, but no answers there.

Thanks for any help

Last edited by MixTracks; 11-03-2003 at 09:31 AM.
Old 11-04-2003, 09:27 AM
Sage Advanced User

Well, for whats it worth I fixed it. For others searching how to fix similar problems, I will share what I found out.

I have a ASUs A7V8X with AC 97 SPDIF sound. There was conflictions with the drivers that windows wanted for that and what drivers were available on the ASUS / VIA website. Install the ones from ASUS and set SPDIF enable in Windows under sound control.

I was trying to get the card working just with the winTV application at first before I installed Sage, and I found something interesing out. On the shs forums they said that removing windows messenger would help some audio problems. I found out though if you completely remove messenger winTV 2000 does not work at all. Reinstalled and installed the updates for messenger and all was well.

The updated VIA 4 in 1 drivers are needed to get this hardware setup to work, also I updated the BIOS.

Also the second card, that was the myHD card. It seems when you install the winTV 250 card after myHD is installed it possibly might disable and remove the myHD card. They are playing nice now though.

I now have 1 SPDIF connection for all my HTPC's sound. I am not sure what (if any) of these things helped fix it, but it is now fixed. Just some things for people to check when troubleshooting.