SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Placeshifter
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Placeshifter Discussion related to the SageTV Placeshifter application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV Placeshifter software application should be posted here.

Old 11-22-2006, 11:51 PM
Sage User

feature request: capability to define miniclient/local_networks=

Hi,

Would it be possible in future versions of sagetv/placeshifter the ability to define local network address space?

It appears setting miniclient/authenticate_local_connections=false works, but sage only takes the local subnet of it's own host. Personally, I have multiple private networks - all local, but for any host not on the same subnet as the sagetv host, i'm prompted for a username/password within placeshifter. It would greatly help to be able to define local networks via sage.properties.
Thnx!

-Mark
Old 12-23-2006, 06:36 AM
Sage Aficionado

I have the same issue. In my case, I have a wireless network that I don't trust as much as my wired one... So I have a multi-legged firewall in the middle of it all. (Unless you use WPA Enterprise authentication or better, wireless security is a joke to any determined hacker - Unfortunately, I've never gotten around to setting up a Radius server, etc. to use WPA)

Anyhow, being able to define the subnets that are "local" to the server would be a nice feature. Or, perhaps setting it so that the RFC standard non-public networks are considered local (10.*, 192.168.*, etc.), in addition to any public subnets that the Sage server is attached to. (Though I can't think of why someone would run their Sage box with a public IP, there probably are some out there running that way)