SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 11-23-2006, 08:26 AM
Sage Advanced User

Is this Computer Okay?

I am shopping for a computer to use with a HD TV I will be buying. Obviously, I want to run Sage on it. What do you think about the Gateway E6300 (Model GM5260) from bestbuy? Here is the link:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1158317367625

Is the video card sufficient? I will be adding an OTA HD pvr card, but I wanted to make sure the video/audio would be okay. I noticed it has DVI output, which assume would be required for the best in HDTV viewing.

So, I am taking to the experts. Is this computer sufficent, or do I need to go with something else? Other computer suggestions? Thanks.

Brent
Old 11-23-2006, 02:09 PM
Sage Icon

Looks good to me. Nice price too.

Only thing might be that since it's built as a desktop and not an HTPC, it might be too loud to sit in a living room. Though, at under a grand, you could always get another case and silence it.

I've always suggested people build thier own systems if they're so inclined - but that would certainly be a good starter system.

Edit: I would double check that video card for HDCP support - just for future-proofing.
Old 11-24-2006, 07:17 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashless
Looks good to me. Nice price too.

Only thing might be that since it's built as a desktop and not an HTPC, it might be too loud to sit in a living room. Though, at under a grand, you could always get another case and silence it.

I've always suggested people build thier own systems if they're so inclined - but that would certainly be a good starter system.

Edit: I would double check that video card for HDCP support - just for future-proofing.

Thanks.

Brent