SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-26-2006, 08:51 AM
Sage User

Sage freezing all of a sudden

All of a sudden last night, my copy of Sage server, v 5.0.4 stopped working properly.

I have it set up whereby it takes the output from 3 satelite boxes into 3 PVR150s. At 1930 it successfully completed a recording off of one of the boxes. By 2000 I was getting a "no signal" message most of the time. On the occasions where the server did successfully change channel onto a station, it would work for about 10 seconds and then freeze; ten seconds after that the sage server would return to the programme guide screen, albeit showing that the recording was continuing. During this time, the sage symbol spun more than normal - performance being significantly degraded - so much so that even if there were no problems with the signal, the system would still be unusable.

The three PVR150s are fed from 3 satelite boxes, themselves being fed from two different dishes pointing at different satelites so I am certain that the chain leading to the PVR 150s is not faulty since this problem is now exhibited from all three sources.

This mornings, I transferred two of the source inputs to my test server which is curretly running v6.0.14 on test. To my surprise I had the same problem there with similar performance issues - much worse since I had last carried out tests on that box.

Does anyone have any idea what might be going on here - I have Java updates turned off on both machines (I am on version 1.4.2.06) as is are the Microsoft updates. I m also running MCafee virus scan which has recently been updated and certainly seems to use more system resource than previously.

Help...............