SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV United Kingdom
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV United Kingdom SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from the UK - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in the UK.

Old 12-01-2006, 04:47 AM
Sage Advanced User

Help Tuning UK DVB-T

I have just received my HTPC complete with Black Gold 1/2 height dual DVB-T tuner card.

My plan was to use this with SageTV. I have installed version 6.0.15 (the current beta), but I am having problems tuning channels.

I have installed the BDA drivers and the card is being seen by sage as "tuner" and "tuner #2"

When I add the "tuner" in the video sources screen I get a choice of "composite/DigitalTV/Svideo/Analog" which seem right... i pick "Digital TV".

It then says "loading Preview please wait..."

I never seem to get a preview of anything as the message just stays there.

I can select select this Digital Tuner though from the button at the bottom, when I do it goes to a screen asking me to select my Region.. From this list i select "North-East and BordersDTT@Caldbeck" which is the transmitter I am pointing to.

Then I select "Use tuner on card to tune Antenna/Broadcast"

Then I select "No program guide for this source" as I will do XMLTV later.

Then I am asked to search from channels which I do.

Problem... this then seems to say "Test Channel X"... it only seems to go from 1 to 8 and only takes about 10 secs! When I tune a "normal" freeview box in this takes a good few minutes to get all the channels?

When it is "Testing Channel.." it also always shows "No Signal" in the preview window.

I do have a freeview signal as I have used another PC application which finds all the channels. However that app seems to take a long time (10 secs) to change channel.

does this look like a sage or card or driver problem? anyone else got a Black Gold tuner working ok with sage?
Old 12-01-2006, 02:29 PM
Sage Icon

I'd never even heard of the cards before you mentioned them! Did the cards come with any software? If so you could see if they can get a picture with that first.

It looks like you're tuning correctly, so probably best to ask Sage Support for help. You can send them your logs and FRQ file and see what they have to say.
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 12-02-2006, 09:58 AM
Sage Advanced User

I really don't want to give up on SageTv here, but I do feel it is not really geared up for DVD-T and the UK yet... but I'll keeping going;

Here is the tuner card I have for those interested;
http://www.mediapc.tv/index.html?lan...arget=d25.html

I'm not sure it works great for me though. I am right on the edge of a reception area where I am (Caldbeck transmitter). I have a pucker aerial, a masthead amplifier and a powered amp splitter. This actually gives great reception all through the house with a DigiFusion box, 2 Humax boxes and built in tv tuner. All give 70% signal strength and 100% quality and a great picture on all channels. However, this Black Gold card seems to report 5% to 40% and seems to judder when watching. The scrolling news ticker on BBC News 24 is a good benchmark I have found... smooth it ain't!

Anyway the card basically works fine with the BDA drivers as I have used a few differnet TV applications and it works fine with them all tuning and watching (exc reception issue).

I am having mega problems with SageTv though. I have attched a few files for any experts to look at Firstly, there is my FREQ file, I have checked this against the output of another application that tunes fine and can report the station data and this matches.

So why on the set.jpg can I see duplicates for things?

Also, on the sch.jpg, it is also not right. 90% of every i click says no signal. and everything i click on with no signal seems to start recording?

Anyone who feels up to NVC-ing on for a bit of remote access fixing is more than welcome!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg set.JPG (75.4 KB, 309 views)
File Type: jpg sch.JPG (61.6 KB, 292 views)
Attached Files
File Type: txt 7162 BDA Analog Capture-0.txt (2.8 KB, 309 views)
Old 12-02-2006, 10:33 AM
Sage User

Are you sure you are using 6.0.15?

The screen shots show the first letter missing from the channel and the program description. I'm sure this was a bug in 6.0.14 along with the no signal problem.

I though these had been fixed in 6.0.15, I had the same problems as you, with 6.0.14, I went back to 6.0.13 and no more "no signal" messages or dropped characters.

I haven't tried 6.0.15, I set the system up for someone else with 6.0.13 and it was nice and stable so I didn't change it.

HTH

JJ
Old 12-02-2006, 03:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

Almost there! 6.0.15 sorted my tuner issues!

I'm getting excited now, can see light at the end of the tunnel.

It has locked up a couple of time now changing channels, but the basic working are all there now.

Current Job List;
1) Need to set up IRTrans and remote2Key so I can get my hifi remote to work
2) Setup XMLTV
3) Import all my Media
4) setup the WinAmp plugin so I can have those nice visulations running.

Thanks for all who help get me this far.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:40 AM

Hi All,

I have a BLackGold tuner the same as Moamao, and am having exactly the same problems, what did you do to get yours working?

I downloaded the latest version yesterday, but have exactly the same No Signal problem, I also get an error code when I try to set up the second tuner.

This is driving me mad as I have multiple problems whichever way I go!

I know the tuner works because I have had it working in Vista, but then Vista wont display on my TV, XP MCE will display on my TV but reports that I don't have a Tuner installed, although Device Manager shows it and Nero will play TV!

How did you get on with the EPG, was it pain to set up?

I have installed SageTV under WIndows XP MCE.

MoaMoa: Did you get the BlackGold PVR program with your card, as I purchased this seperately, but the download links do not work, and BlackGold have not replied to my email.

Please help or I will be using the PC as a door stop!
Old 12-15-2006, 02:43 AM
Sage Icon

There seem to be problems with your tuner (it's new to Sage), so you should contact Sage and see if they can help you - none of the rest of us who aren't using this tuner will be able to, I suspect...
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients