SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 12-03-2006, 07:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

SageMC 16x9 v6 Caller ID Plugin Help

Since switching from MS Media Center to SageTV, I've been a pretty happy camper except for the loss of one feature we really got used to in MCE. Tha is having Caller ID pop up and display caller when the phone rings.

I have gotten the Caller ID plugin to work in SageTV v6 but can't get the pop up to work in the SageMC 16x8 v6.x environment. Have looked around the site and can't seem to find where someone else has posted a fix for this (as it relates to running Caller ID in a SageMC v6.x environment.

I really like running on SageMC and would hate to go back to the default SageTV environment just to get the Caller ID plugin to work.

Anybody run across a post that addresses and gives a fix for this?
Old 12-07-2006, 03:55 AM
Sage Advanced User

Bump...

Point to, respond to, any help whatsoever out there ????
Old 12-07-2006, 04:28 AM
Sage Advanced User

CallerID not working....

Posted this in another section but got no help....

I'm a MCE crossover and really wasn't sold on SageTV until I loaded SageMC. Day by day I'm blown away with its look and ease of use. Love this interface but would love it much better if the CallerID plugin worked using YAC. It works when I go back to the default Sage STV but no caller ID popup occurs when the phone rings running under SageMC.

If there is a conversion to the STVi out there, please point me in the right direction. If not, can someone let me know if this may be on someones table to make happen. I would hate to go back to using the standard Sage STV after trying SageMC. I'm already looking into MediaPortal as a possible replacement for SageTV due to the feedback I'm reading on its open source flexibility.

* merged with original question *
Old 12-07-2006, 06:22 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportera

I'm a MCE crossover and really wasn't sold on SageTV until I loaded SageMC. Day by day I'm blown away with its look and ease of use. Love this interface but would love it much better if the CallerID plugin worked using YAC. It works when I go back to the default Sage STV but no caller ID popup occurs when the phone rings running under SageMC.

If there is a conversion to the STVi out there, please point me in the right direction. If not, can someone let me know if this may be on someones table to make happen. I would hate to go back to using the standard Sage STV after trying SageMC. I'm already looking into MediaPortal as a possible replacement for SageTV due to the feedback I'm reading on its open source flexibility.
I'll have a look at it, but I make absolutely no promises...

Dirk
Old 12-07-2006, 09:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportera

Just rename the .stvi extension to .xml for the Caller ID plugin and then import it into SageMC. It will work fine because you already set the settings with the original .stv. You can't get to the settings easily in SageMC. But since it is set you shouldn't have to.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:13 AM
Sage User

After MVP Power OFF It Stops Popping Up

The callerid plugin works on my mvp until it power it off with the green button and back on.