SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Studio
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Studio Discussion related to the SageTV Studio application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the Studio software application should be posted here.

Old 12-04-2006, 09:32 AM
Sage Fanatic

Scaling Text widget size within image widget area

I have been trying to figure out how to limit the width of text widgets to be that of an image widget which preserves its aspect ratio. The text is to be displayed on top of the image. At different screen aspect rations, the image has a changing percentage of screen width, while the text widget does not size proportionally to the image at all screen aspect ratios.

How can I have the text objects always size to the area of the image widget?
Old 12-04-2006, 12:12 PM
SageTVaholic

The visible size of the image is not necessarily the same as the screen area allocated to the image. You can see this if you select the image widget in Studio: the yellow box is often taller or wider than the actual image (if you have "preserve aspect ratio" checked). As far as I know there's no way to query the image to find out its actual visible size.

Your best bet is probably going to be to calculate the size you want the image to be and then enforce that size on both widgets. To make it work at different screen aspect ratios, you're probably going to have to factor the aspect ratio into your calculation. In V6 there's an API function for GetDisplayAspectRatio.
Old 12-04-2006, 02:16 PM
Sage Fanatic

Thanks Greg. The aspect ratio will work for me. I wish there was something that would work for v5, but I am using the background component anyway so I guess it doesn't matter.