SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 12-05-2006, 09:12 PM
Sage User

Windows Media Player messes up SageTV

I am a fan of NASA-TV (streaming video) and I am running into this conflict with SageTV. I have tried a couple of different ways to watch, and ran into different issues, which I will describe below. I am quite open to other ways to accomplish the goal as well.

1. Put SageTV to sleep and watch NASA-TV through Windows Media player. So, basically I put SageTV in standby, and watch NASA-TV through Windows Media player. When I am done, I close Media Player, bring SageTV back up, and I get rendering errors. I can only fix this by restarting SageTV.

1a. An obvious fix for this is to run SageTV service. But, if I run as a service rather than standalone, I get the following error every 45 minutes or so:

The connection to the SageTV service has been lost. The connection will be re-established once the SageTV service restarts.

As an aside, I would appreciate any words of wisdom to resolve this error. If I can fix this, I can run Sage in service mode and accomplish my goal. I have V6 beta, but I was getting the error back in V5 as well.

2. Watch the streaming media through SageTV somehow. I have V6 beta and I see how streaming can work with Google Video. Can I somehow do the same thing with NASA-TV?

Specs:
AMD XP 1400+
Gigabyte GA-7ZMMH Motherboard
500MB @133MHz
Haupauge PVR-150N
GeForce FX5200 128MB 4X AGP
Microsoft XP SP2 with current patches

errata:
I have no other programs running in the background, except for Juice, a podcast receiver. I have shut Juice down as a test, but still get the errors.

I have Windows installed on a 20GB drive and am using a dedicated (albiet tiny) 40GB drive with the recommended block size for video storage.

Restarting SageTV causes me problems because I am archiving certain shows offline, so restarting splits the show into two files. Again, if I could keep the service going, I would not have this problem.

Ok, I probably confused everyone with too much information, but I'm hoping someone will see this and have enough to throw a solution my way. Thanks.

-Phil

Last edited by Roadrunner777; 12-05-2006 at 09:17 PM.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:38 PM
Sage User

I see this posting was moved... just to remind, these errors are not specific to V6, they were occuring in the released version 5 as well.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:47 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadrunner777
I see this posting was moved... just to remind, these errors are not specific to V6, they were occuring in the released version 5 as well.
The v6 beta is what you are using and is where development & debugging is occuring, so the beta forum is the place to be. If it is something that SageTV can fix, now is the time to bring it to their attention.

Debug logging is automatically turned on, so you can easily save the logs after problems happen. The log may contain info about the service disconnect and/or why the rendering errors occur. (Try changing renderer/decoder/3D Acceleration settings, if you haven't done so already.)

File a bug report & perhaps they would find out what is happening.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.