SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 12-09-2006, 07:32 AM
Sage Aficionado

new display of folder views?

Ok, so now in the Linux version of .16, the media paths in folder view show up as '/' instead of '/var/media/videos' or 'photos' or 'music'

When I select a first directory, the initail '/' disappears, so
'/var/media/videos/Movies/Kids' turns into 'Movies/Kids'

is this a new "feature?" This behavior is not in the windows version of .16.

Anyone else see this?

Also, even if I change the dynamic menu to point to: either 'Movies/Kids/' or 'Movies/Kids' the view is of just that folder. I have to click on it to view the contents. clicking the green 'back' button takes me to the list of folders in '/var/media/videos/Movies/' (shown, of course, as "Movies/").
Old 12-09-2006, 08:10 AM
Sage Aficionado

ok, so apparently, this is the difference between "combined" and "separate" view. I would not have guessed this to be the "combined" behavior.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:04 PM
Administrator

In combined mode, the contents of all your import dirs are treated as one big pool of imported media. They are displayed & sorted into a folder structure based on the relative path from the import dir where each file is found. The folders are combined, so the top level you would see is '/', which is the shortest possible relative path from any import dir.

In separate mode, you are viewing the folder contents of each import dir separately.

This is the same in Linux and Windows, since they use the same STV.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.