SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 12-11-2006, 08:56 AM
Sage User

dark picture, minimal colors

My first post - have been reading the forums for a few weeks and chose my config based on what I read here. Had considered some of the other PVR software out there but the community here on the SAGE forums seems the most active and that drove my decision.

That said, there is so much info here that I'm having trouble finding something related to my first problem. I set everything up and it all works, but my picture is dark, even at max brighness it is darker than a normal TV picture. And the colors are very weak, almost black and white.

If anyone has ideas please let me know.

IBM NetVista, Intel P4 2.4Ghz, 512MB RAM, XP SP2 fresh install
EVGA nVidia GeForce 6200 LE in an AGP slot
Hauppauge PVR 150
Motorola DCT2224 digital cable box

composite video from cable box to PVR 150
DVI from video card to a Dell 1905 monitor

I plan to do s-video from the video card to a TV once this is working, using the monitor now as it's easier to work with the higher-than-tv resolution for now.

I have the latest nVidia and Hauppauge drivers, latest WinTV, and latest Sage beta. Video looks the same using WinTV and Sage so I'm assuming it is an issue with a driver setting or decoder software.

But I'm having trouble finding info on driver settings and decoder setup, perhaps someone can point me in the right direction. So far I have not been successful searching here.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:18 AM
Sage User

Sorry, shortly after posting this I found the settings I needed in the NVidia control panel. Adjusting the brightness, contrast, and gamma there fixed my problem.

I thought I had tried that already but I must have missed something. All is working fine now.