SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-12-2006, 10:33 AM
Sage User

Can't view video on my Sage TV software

Gentelmens,

I recently purchased Hauppauge WinTV-PVR150 and downloaded the SageTV 5.0 ver software (trial) after installing the WinTV2000 and all the necessary drivers.

I have a problem. I cannot see any videos (Live TV) in Sage TV however it works fine with WinTV2000 (software that comes with Hauppauge). I have ran through Setup Wizard like 10 times, but every time, I was unable to see any video when I go to view Live TV. During the Setup Wizard, when you select which input device connected to, I selected S-video and I do not see any video on the Preview? Also, when I go to the guide and select a program through there and select view now, it gives error (-20) saying media player cannot view and record at the same time. This error is repeating even after uninstalling (fresh) all the drivers and reinstalling all the applications provided by Hauppauge.

My friend has Sage TV and absolutely love all the features it provides. I had a different TV tuner card but unfortunately, that card is not supported by Sage TV and hence I have to buy Hauppauge card...

Your help will be greatly appreciated.
I really want to purchase this software if it works...

Thanks guys,
Old 12-12-2006, 11:23 AM
Administrator

Is the Hauppauge software still running? If so, SageTV will not be able to use the tuner if some other app is already using it.

How is your 150 connected -- you have svideo + audio coming from a converter box to your 150?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:05 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
Is the Hauppauge software still running? If so, SageTV will not be able to use the tuner if some other app is already using it.

How is your 150 connected -- you have svideo + audio coming from a converter box to your 150?

- Andy
What do you mean by Hauppauge software? You mean WinTV2000 or IR.exe file? I have the IR.exe file running in the background (system tray) and WinTV2000 is NOT running.

Following is my connection:

1) Connected the WinTV-PVR 150 card on one of the PCI slot
2) S-video output from my Direct TV receiver plugged into the S-video input to the tuner card. Also the audio output is connected to the input of the tv tuner
3) I have a creative soundblast Live sound card installed and thats how my audio is setup.

Hope that helps...
Old 12-12-2006, 01:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

My first idea would be to remove as much of the hauppauge software as possible. All you want is the driver which can be downloaded separate. No applications.

I run multiple pvr-150s and they all work fine, so it has something to do with your current setup.

Try removing all hauppauge stuff. Installing just the driver (+ driver updates) and rebooting.

Special thanks to tmiranda for making my 24h time format dream a reality. See here for more details.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajmalhotra1998
Also, when I go to the guide and select a program through there and select view now, it gives error (-20) saying media player cannot view and record at the same time.
Another possibility... in Setup -> Detailed Setup -> Multimedia -> Recording Quality, what is the default quality and/or the one set for the 150? There are a few recording qualities that cannot be played as they are recorded.

And, under the Video/Audio section, what are you settings for the video renderer and decoder?

Oh -- by "Hauppauge software", I meant WinTV. (ir.exe is needed for the remote.)

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:28 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
Another possibility... in Setup -> Detailed Setup -> Multimedia -> Recording Quality, what is the default quality and/or the one set for the 150? There are a few recording qualities that cannot be played as they are recorded.

And, under the Video/Audio section, what are you settings for the video renderer and decoder?

Oh -- by "Hauppauge software", I meant WinTV. (ir.exe is needed for the remote.)

- Andy
Thank you guys... It worked (deleting Hauppauge programs and changing the multimedia and audio/video options... I just changed the parameters not knowing what it does... and sure enough I see the video ...)

However, here are some problems I am facing:
The quality seems to be very bad. It freezes every minute or so .. what would be ideal/default settings set to for optimal performances... below is my system :

Windows XP SP2
RAM: 1.5 GB
Processor: 2.8 GHz dual processor
Video card: Geforce 2 MX/MX 400

Again using Direct TV as my satellite operator...

Thanks for all the help to this newbie (wannabe )
Old 12-13-2006, 12:36 AM
Administrator

Again:
...in Setup -> Detailed Setup -> Multimedia -> Recording Quality, what is the default quality and/or the one set for the 150?

Also:
Are you using 3D Acceleration in Detailed Setup -> Advanced? If yes, make sure the SageTV window is on your Primary monitor, since DirectX runs slower on a secondary monitor.

With your older video card, try using Overlay as the renderer, if you aren't already doing so.

Try using a higher GB/hr recording quality for fewer compression artifacts.

- Andy
Old 12-14-2006, 12:07 AM
Sage User

Hi guys... thanks for the helppp...!!

I took the screenshot of the problem that I cannot get rid of and bugging me...

Please see the attached picture... any suggestion what is causing that...

My system config (another system then prev one)

AMD Athlon XP 2000+
RAM: 1.5 G
Graphic Card: Nvidia Ti4200

Just to clear it up, I got this same problem on my previous computer too and thats why I decided to move the card into this computer but the problem does not go away. I was using a Leadtek TV tuner card before installing Hauppauge PVR-150. I uninstalled all the software applications and driver of Leadtek TV tuner card before installing Hauppauge card
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screenshot.JPG (54.5 KB, 276 views)