SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-16-2006, 09:59 PM
Sage User

Autotune Feature Request

I'm not too sure if this has been brought up before, but it's a rather simple request. I'd like to see an autotune option in sage. I realize I can just set it to record, but it'd be nice if you could set something to autotune only, as if it were normal live tv. A lot of the time I'll just be waiting for something to come on, dinking around and I end up missing the begining of the show because of something or other. All adding autotune would mean doing is creating a system for an automated channel change similar to the automated recordings, if you had other things set to record, it'd ask if you wanted to cancel that, or cancel the autotune etc. This is a really simple feature but I find on my directv stb it's amazing to have.

It just seems like such a simple thing to add support for, there's no reason not to.
Old 12-17-2006, 07:45 AM
Sage Aficionado

I agree that it's easy to do, but I'm not sure the real value in doing so. For example you're recording all the time anyhow so you don't save any disk space. In fact, the only thing you save is the button press to delete the recording when you're done watching it.

I think it should be an easy feature to add however because the functions are already in place, all the need to do is automatically delete the recording if you're not there when it started and missed the notification. Of course then you'd miss your show.
Old 12-17-2006, 12:24 PM
Sage User

Exactly. However, I place value in the notification that it's coming on. You could set certain shows to have this autotune notification and while you're sitting around watching tv, it'll simply remind you that such and such is on, and ask if you'd like to change the channel.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Have you looked at this plugin that I wrote? I don't have a support thread for it but from the download numbers it looks like I should start one.
Old 12-18-2006, 12:36 PM
Sage User

That seems to be exactly what I'm looking for. Hopefully it'll work with SageMC. Thanks for the tip, and the time. It'd be really cool if this was default though :-P.
Old 12-18-2006, 01:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

I had an issue with the one in sageMC that occured the other day.

I had 2 tuners at the time and was scheduled to record two shows in advance. I decided to actually Watch one of them as it was recording. I got a popup Saying there was a scheduled recording and asking me to change channels. Since I had 2 tuners, I said no. Next thing I know is it canceled that second recording even though it could have just used tuner #2 to get it..

So there are some bugs here and there. Moral of the story, make sure your stuff is recording if you get a popup

Special thanks to tmiranda for making my 24h time format dream a reality. See here for more details.
Old 12-18-2006, 04:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by asthepenguinfly
That seems to be exactly what I'm looking for. Hopefully it'll work with SageMC. Thanks for the tip, and the time. It'd be really cool if this was default though :-P.
It was programmed for the Default STV and it is highly unlikely that it will work with SageMC - sorry.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:03 PM
Sage User

Possible Easy to add?

Greetings. Thats EXACTLY what I am looking for. I do not want to setup a recording schedule for news to come on at 6pm nightly. I just want Sage to turn into that channel. Lemme watch the show, then delete the file.

It seems so simple I can not believe it is not in place already.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:11 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymer View Post
Greetings. Thats EXACTLY what I am looking for. I do not want to setup a recording schedule for news to come on at 6pm nightly. I just want Sage to turn into that channel. Lemme watch the show, then delete the file.

It seems so simple I can not believe it is not in place already.
Why not just set a favorite to record the news and only keep 1 episode. That is what I do for the 6:00 and 11:00 news. If you get a chance to watch it great, if not, you only have 1 copy at most sitting on your machine.