SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 12-17-2006, 08:17 AM
Sage User

Finally! Dual (2) Fusion 5 Lite PCI Now Working!

NewB here. After spending 10 hours on setting this up, I finally got it to work in v5.

The tricks are

0. Make sure no other program is using F5L including FusionHDTV, BTV, GB-PVR. SageTV doesn't like this.
1. Install one card at a time. (I had to unplug and plug back one card.)
2. Just select "WDM tuner" (I know it should be BDA but just go ahead) and then select "digital tuner" (sometimes you get multiple choices but usually digital tuner is the only option).
3. don't worry about "load preview" with no pictures. Make sure the channel changes from something like "48" to some digital channel number such as "2-1"
4. Select EPG according to the screen
5. Do it for the 2nd card

The reason why it took 10 hours for me is because of the antenna signal. I have been using GB-PVR (IMHO which has a better algorithm for tuning digital channels) for 1 year and I know my signals are very strong. It turns out they are too strong for SageTV in my case that caused multipath. SageTV+F5L is very sensitive to multipath.

If you have F5L card installation issue, 90% of the time, it's probably due to too strong signal causing multipath, which F5L occasionally give BSOD. (F5L cards don't give BSOD due to weak signal.) I had to move the antenna a little bit and attenuate the signal.

Finally I have 2 F5L cards working in server/client environment. Thanks Sage!