SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-18-2006, 04:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

Trial Period for V6? Rolling back?

I think I'm going to make the jump to V6, but it needs to support (I mean really support) FSE/VMR9 on my system. I have two questions:

1. Is there a trial period for V6 if I'm a registered user of V5.x?

2. If V6 doesn't work for me, assuming I have complete copies of my Sage V5 directories (server and clients), how easy is rolling back?

TIA

- Jeff
Old 12-18-2006, 04:36 PM
Administrator

The trial period has been reset, and the info for How to install a new version of SageTV still applies in terms of the ability to revert to a previous version.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-18-2006, 04:39 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks for the quick reply. The server is "SageTV Media Center (V6 for Windows)"?
Old 12-18-2006, 04:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
The trial period has been reset, and the info for How to install a new version of SageTV still applies in terms of the ability to revert to a previous version.
Not sure if the posted link covers this, but one thing that's worth noting is that the V6 wiz.bin is not compatible with V5, so if you run V6 for a while and then revert back to V5 you will have to go back to you old wiz.bin...

Dirk
Old 12-18-2006, 04:49 PM
Sage Icon

yes, that is the main program you need.

And if you are a registered V5 user, you get a free upgrade to V6, no charge. You just have to have purchased a V5 license, not an earlier one and taken advantage of Sage's free upgrades to V5.

There was an issue with V5 licenses issued by PcAlchemy, so if you have one of them and the upgrade doesn't work, then contact PCAlchemy for support.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 12-18-2006, 05:03 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Not sure if the posted link covers this, but one thing that's worth noting is that the V6 wiz.bin is not compatible with V5, so if you run V6 for a while and then revert back to V5 you will have to go back to you old wiz.bin...
It doesn't specifically say that, but restoring _all_ the old files is part of the reverting process, so it would be covered. I would always treat wiz.bin and the properties files as not being backward compatible.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.