SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Placeshifter
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Placeshifter Discussion related to the SageTV Placeshifter application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV Placeshifter software application should be posted here.

Old 12-20-2006, 08:10 AM
Sage Aficionado

Mac Placeshifter issues?

I have never used place shifter until recently when the Mac version became available. I am having some problems.

1) The UI is very very slow. I see my network downloading 45+k/s for at least 5 seconds just to generate a menu.

2) My music library is pretty much un-navigatable because of (#1). Every time i scroll down to an artist not on the screen i have to wait about 7 seconds for the new menu to generate which = 1 new artist on the screen for every 7 second delay. (also at 45k/s)

3) I cannot even listen to music. I press play, the GUI shows a play symbol but the time never progresses even a second. (mp3, so nothing fancy).

4) I didn't even bother trying TV.

5) All my settings that my extender / sage use are not reflected under place shifter such as custom guide bars in sageMC. Placeshifter is pretty much acting like a new isntall. I found this strange since it works with the extenders just fine.

Anyone experience any of this?

Also for the network speeds, My server is behind Comcast Cable and my Mac is behind a T1. None of this is super critical since I probably won't use placeshifter much. Just using a new toy though it would be nice on occasion.

Special thanks to tmiranda for making my 24h time format dream a reality. See here for more details.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:37 AM
SageTVaholic

I saw some of this on my wife's ilamp. What Mac is this on? What video card is in it?

B
Old 12-20-2006, 11:53 AM
Sage Aficionado

its an older PowerbookG4 (1 gig).

Has an ATI chip, forget which model but is sufficient to play alot of games in 3D so its not crap.. just "older". Though i don't see how graphics card affects the network use and generation of menus and especially the lack of music playing.

Special thanks to tmiranda for making my 24h time format dream a reality. See here for more details.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:06 PM
SageTVaholic

I think it has to do with how they render the screens and whether or not it is quartz enabled? I have several macs, and only one has issues. If you haven't done so yet, I would open a ticket with support.

B