SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 11-07-2003, 01:15 AM

choppy playback, then sage freezes

After starting up sage, and going to live tv, the playback is smooth for a few minutes then the video gets choppy for a few seconds and finally the playback freezes. It is not a hard freeze, as I can go back to the home menu and restart live tv. Afterward if I exit and restart sage, the choppy video starts immediately followed by a freeze. If i reboot, then start sage the problems repeat themselves.

Any ideas?

I'm using Haupauge PVR 250, latest drivers (v21226) and intervideo codecs, etc. Running WinXP pro on an 1.8GHZ AthlonXP with 512MB RAM. I've fomatted my 80GB video storage drive with NTFS and 64K block sizes. Oddly enough these problems began happening after I entered my registration key. Things seemed to be fine during the trial.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sage.zip (4.0 KB, 270 views)
Old 11-07-2003, 07:18 PM

I had forgotten that I flashed my bios a few days ago, so my bus frequency was set at 100MHz rather than 133 and my CPU clock was set to 1GHz. Bumped up those settings to their correct values and that seems to fix the performance problems. Guess that extra bandwidth was essential.