SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-20-2006, 04:06 PM

Problems with music library

My music collection is comprised of all FLAC files and for some reason, only some of the albums are showing up in sage. I tagged everything with tag&rename so all files should be tagged the same. Any ideas why it would be skipping 70% of my music? Thanks.
Old 12-20-2006, 05:04 PM
Administrator

You can try removing the import dirs from Detailed Setup -> General -> Media Center Import Dirs, then use Setup -> Refresh Imported Media to rescan the lib dirs. Once all your music is removed (doesn't show up in the music browser any more), add the import dirs & rescan again.

If it still doesn't read some of the files correctly, perhaps contact SageTV tech support. If there is something different about those files, they may want a sample file to see why the tags are being missed. (This is v6, right?)

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-20-2006, 05:07 PM

Cool It is not only flac files...

Hi,

I have noticed a similar problem. I have about 2000 albums, both in FLAC (for the classical music) and MP3 (for pop). Some of the files show, most of them don't.

additional information (you never know if it helps)
- all albums have been tagged using the same program (Media Monkey)
- Files have been organised in a folder tree structure (christmas, folk, pop, etc), and below that a folder per artist and then per album
- The 'Christmas' folder and all it's sub folders are read correctly
- The 'techno' folder is not read at all

- I use Sage version 6_0_18, and flachbar-sagemc16x9-for-sagetv-6x-build-v630. I run this in client server mode.
- All music files are store on the server in the same share, and are accessible by the client
- If I enable the menu item 'My Music Files', I can browse the music per folder. It shows all of the folders, but most of them contain 0 items according to sage.

Anyone found out what i/we do wrong?
Old 12-20-2006, 05:20 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorrit
- I use Sage version 6_0_18, and flachbar-sagemc16x9-for-sagetv-6x-build-v630.
See my post above about rescanning the library.

And: try the music library in the default STV to see if the files are being imported. If a completely new library scan still misses files in the default STV (after giving it time to scan everything), check with support.

If the problem is only in the SageMC STV, please follow up on that in the customizations forum.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-20-2006, 05:43 PM

Tried refreshing the library, still no luck. Might be time to contact tech support. Thanks.