SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-22-2006, 12:54 AM
Sage Advanced User

Help: SageTV v6 Dual Monitor Issue

I have a Dell e1505 laptop with the client installed. It has a 1680x1050 (16x10) screen and is connected to a 1920x1080p LCD (TV) Monitor. It has an ATI x1400 with 256MB.

I set the AR to 16x9 and place SageTV Client window on the TV Monitor. When I maximize it, Sage flips to full screen and correctly displays the full Sage display. However, after a second or two the screen flickers and the Sage display is cut off on the right side. It's size has not changed, but about 200 pixels on the right side are black.

A second or two after that the screen flickers and the Sage display pops over to the laptop lcd. It covers the full lcd but it is not the entire client display. It appears as if a 16x9 image is on the 16x10 display.

Any suggestions?

BTW, this setup worked on v5.

thanks,
pez
Old 12-23-2006, 12:32 AM
Sage Advanced User

One down, one to go.

Found out why Sage jumps from the secondary display to the primary. While reviewing all the settings in the client, I noticed that FSE was set. I had never played with FSE before so I cleared it and the Sage image was then able to remain on the secondary (TV) display. (Does v6 automatically set FSE?)

I'm still having a problem with the Sage image being cropped.

Does any know what kind of information is sent over vga back to the pc?

Any help would be appreciated.

-pez
Old 01-17-2007, 08:25 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pez

I'm still having a problem with the Sage image being cropped.

Does any know what kind of information is sent over vga back to the pc?

Any help would be appreciated.

-pez
I would like to second Pez's request. I just setup my HTPC with Sage Client and I am having the same issue.

Any ideas as to why the right side of the image is cut off?

Brian
Old 01-18-2007, 01:50 PM
Sage Aficionado

Just a wild thought...

Is the TV display positioned to the right of the laptop's in display control panel's settings tab?

If so try it the other side.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:45 PM
Sage User

I tried moving it to the left of the main screen and have the same results (black bar on right side).

Excuse the crappy camera phone quality, but attached are images of the normal desktop (no black bar) and Sage running full screen (black bar on right side).

Hopefully someone from Sage will chime in here shortly.

Brian
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Normal desktop.jpg (49.0 KB, 230 views)
File Type: jpg Sage in full screen with black bar.jpg (67.3 KB, 237 views)
Old 01-18-2007, 10:02 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianblank
Hopefully someone from Sage will chime in here shortly.
This is a user to user forum; if you want tech support, you'll have to contact SageTV.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:14 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
This is a user to user forum; if you want tech support, you'll have to contact SageTV.

- Andy
I have submitted a support request.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:01 PM

I've got the same problem. Did you get an answer?
Old 03-28-2007, 11:07 PM

I changed back to the "medium" video playback settings and it works now. I had enabled the nVidia decoder. Apparently that caused the problem.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

I gave up. I make the laptop go to a single screen. That seems to be the most reliable solution for now.

The one problem I do still have is there is not a setting to zoom letter box SD shows. They are only stretch right now. I want to be able to add custom aspect ratios.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:24 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by pez View Post
The one problem I do still have is there is not a setting to zoom letter box SD shows. They are only stretch right now. I want to be able to add custom aspect ratios.
Four aspect ratios arent enough?

I use the 16x9 setting for letterbox SD show on an HD tv. (After changing the settings for that aspect ratio of course)
Old 07-13-2007, 02:46 AM
Sage User

I have encountered the same problem. Dual Displays;

Display 1: Regular LCD monitor, 4:3 aspect ratio
Display 2: CRT Projector, 16:9 aspect ratio

When I move SageTV over to the projector screen and enter full-screen mode, quarter of the right side of the interface is 'blacked out' making it unusable.

I did get it working once by playing with aspect ratio settinsg but as soon as I opened a control panel on display 1, it reverted.

Looks like something is picking up the 4:3 ration from display 1 and applying it to sage interface on display 2. Am using nVidia decoders as well. Will have a play with those settings tonight to see if I can get it any better.

This software is great but sooooo tedious to get working in any kind of oddball set-up (like dual display configs that are not at all common in the target market!).