SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-23-2006, 07:34 PM
Sage Aficionado

White screen ??

Trying to use some of the features in Ver 6, some which actually have been around for awhile. Trying to view pictures, either individually or via slideshow, a number show just fine and then all there is is a white screen. The slideshow is continuing, bringing up the menu shows each picture name for 4-5 seconds. Once this happens, can't see another picture until Sage is restarted or the machine is rebooted.

All the pictures are on a media server. The thumbnails are still there.

And now that "she who must be obeyed" has seen the feature, it needs to work

Suggestions ?

Ken C
Old 12-23-2006, 07:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C
Trying to use some of the features in Ver 6, some which actually have been around for awhile. Trying to view pictures, either individually or via slideshow, a number show just fine and then all there is is a white screen. The slideshow is continuing, bringing up the menu shows each picture name for 4-5 seconds. Once this happens, can't see another picture until Sage is restarted or the machine is rebooted.

All the pictures are on a media server. The thumbnails are still there.

And now that "she who must be obeyed" has seen the feature, it needs to work

Suggestions ?

Ken C
Ha, I've seen the same, and I thought this was something screwy with my system... It's a little different though, the white screen only happened on certain pictures, whereas others still displayed fine. And after browsing for a while the same pictures that were plain white before all of a sudden displayed normally. Unfortunately I can't reproduce it consistently, it only happens once in a while. But I think we both should file bug reports on this...

Dirk
Old 12-24-2006, 08:45 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Ha, I've seen the same, and I thought this was something screwy with my system... It's a little different though, the white screen only happened on certain pictures, whereas others still displayed fine. And after browsing for a while the same pictures that were plain white before all of a sudden displayed normally. Unfortunately I can't reproduce it consistently, it only happens once in a while. But I think we both should file bug reports on this...

Dirk
At least you eventually see the picture. Here,once the 'white screen' starts, that's all there is.

I'll wait to see if anyone else responds. If not, a bug report it is.

Merry Christmas.

Ken C
Old 12-27-2006, 05:10 PM
Sage Aficionado

Submitted a bug report and the 'white screen' picture problem turned out to be 3D acceleration. So, to view pictures, just toggle off 3D, VRM9 is also turned off. Then toggle VRM9 back on for normal viewing. You can't toggle 3D back on, do it with VRM9.

Sounds like the problem might be with at ATI video driver rather than Sage. But, now the WAF is high again !!

Ken C