SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-24-2006, 05:11 PM
Sage Expert

PSP Video Conversion Problems

I noticed a couple things about the PSP video conversion and I'm wondering if I screwed up or if others are experiencing the same thing:
1) The 15 fps quality has huge audio synch problems
2) The outputed file is .m4v and the PSP needs .mp4
3) The naming does not default to a PSP compatible naming convention
4) After renaming toM4V0XXXX.mp4 the PSP plays it fine (if it is the 30 fps) but the title is not encoded into the file ...shows up without title on PSP

I'm looking for a way to automate:
- convert via sageTV to PSP video (keeping title in tact within the file metadata so it shows up on PSP)
- rename into PSP naming convention (including extention)

Any ideas? Thanks!

Last edited by Deadbolt; 12-24-2006 at 08:41 PM.
Old 12-25-2006, 08:45 AM
Sage Expert

no help here...I am trying to figure out how to get one of the files to play on my Dell Axiom.

When it converted it to XXXXX.M4V....How did you get it to .MP4? did you run another conversion or just rename the file?
Old 12-25-2006, 09:00 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyellis
no help here...I am trying to figure out how to get one of the files to play on my Dell Axiom.

When it converted it to XXXXX.M4V....How did you get it to .MP4? did you run another conversion or just rename the file?
I just renamed it.
Old 12-26-2006, 06:59 AM
Sage Expert

BUMP ... any help? I guess no one is using the PSP conversions?
Old 12-26-2006, 07:26 AM
Sage Expert

well renaming it was easy..Now I realize that I do not have a MP4 player on my Dell Axim..any suggestions...?

Once I get it to work, maybe I can try to help with the problem that you are having.

Thanks,

Gary
Old 12-26-2006, 12:12 PM
SageTVaholic

I will convert a show and get back to you on this.. I have not played with it since upgrading to 6 final. When I ran one of the first betas, I did not have to do anything other than create a VIDEOS directory off the root. What firmware are you running?

B
Old 12-26-2006, 03:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Converted How I met Your Mother 1080i. Left all outputs to default selected Widescreen High Quality. The file name was the default show title and episode name.mv4 I placed it in the VIDEO directory off the root of my memory stick. Other than it being a jerky playback, it works fine. Running 3.03 firmware.

I will be trying other quality settings but seems to work without issue.

B
Old 12-26-2006, 06:40 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins
Converted How I met Your Mother 1080i. Left all outputs to default selected Widescreen High Quality. The file name was the default show title and episode name.mv4 I placed it in the VIDEO directory off the root of my memory stick. Other than it being a jerky playback, it works fine. Running 3.03 firmware.

I will be trying other quality settings but seems to work without issue.

B
Hmm...I'm running 3.01 but it should still work. I was putting in a different directory (E:\MP_ROOT\100MNV01). I'll try with the VIDEO directory. Thanks! If this works it work be sooo very sweet not having to rename.

Have you tried the 15FPS non-wide screen conversions? I'm getting horrible sound synch problems.

EDIT:
YUP! This worked Thanks! I knew it was probably something dumb I was doing. I was putting in the wrong folder....pre firmware 2.8 style.

...I'm still having trouble with the lower quality setting audio wise. Too bad because I think the video is fine for watching and it saves serious space.

Thanks again!

Last edited by Deadbolt; 12-26-2006 at 07:01 PM.