SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 12-25-2006, 03:26 PM
Sage User

Hauppauge IR blaster with Motorola DCT2224

Anyone having reasonable success with this combo? I am not - approximately 1 in 3 shows are missed because the channel change fails, looks like a digit is being missed.

I previously had this cable box controlled via an IR blaster from and old ReplayTV box, and it would only tune the wrong channel once in a while, maybe 1 in 50 to 100 attempts.

The Hauppauge blaster is taped in the same place on the Moto box and I've double checked the placement, it is right over th IR receiver. So I'm pretty convinced it is the Hauppauge hardware or software.

The BlastCfg app gives me some advanced options related to timing but I cannot find any documentation on what the options do. I've searched here and the web in general and have not found much. Playing with the options has not improved anything so far. Anyone care to offer advice and/or point me to some docs or tips?

And I've read a lot about using serial control but that is a dead end for me. Charter cable refuses to enable the serial port on the cable box so I'm stuck with using the IR blaster. Actually my next step may be to take the cable box back and ask to trade it for another brand.
Old 12-26-2006, 04:05 PM
Sage User

I traded the cable box in today for a Motorola DCT2524, so far this box/blaster combo is working much better.
Old 12-28-2006, 12:25 PM

Motorola DCT2224 with USB/IR

I have this same cable box (DCT 2224) and have problems with channel changes when using the USB/IRT combo. It usually happens when trying to record channel 60, and it records 6 instead. Drives me insane. What did you tell your cable company in order to get a new cable box?
Old 01-01-2007, 11:08 AM
Sage User

I just took the box into the office and asked if I could trade it for a newer one and they did not question me. YMMV, but if they balk maybe you could argue that it is not picking up commands from your remote reliably.

It has been almost a week now and I have not seen a single channel change failure with the new box.
Old 01-25-2007, 06:19 PM
Sage User

Thought I would post my 1 month results as this may help others out in the future....

I have not had a single channel change issue after switching to the 2524. that's a month of changes, probably 20+ a day so several hundred changes and not a single failure. I feel comfortable now saying the problems were solely due to the 2224.