SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 09-12-2007, 06:53 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix View Post
I've always used frame editing but even when using VideoReDo directly it can get a little off - at least for me. I have heard on the VideoReDo forums that GOP was more accurate but I don't know how reliable the info actually is. The difference could be with this plugin and the video decoder used. I find the SageTV decoder most accurate on skips and I suspect it will be when marking cuts as well. But from what I've read on these forums it doesn't work with HDTV videos - I still don't do that so cannot test.
I didn't even think of using a different decoder. Are you referring to the one chosen in the options?

Quote:
This sounds like a bug. Version 0.3 will have a much better system for queuing up edits but my Java progress on this is very slow so I will see if I can reproduce it this weekend and fix it for version 0.2. Also because of the way I am doing version 0.3 the notifications (flashing menu name, menu button text change) may/will change. I haven't decided yet on what if any changes will be made other than the menu text change will no longer be necessary.
No biggie. Let me know if you need anymore info on this.

Quote:
Version 0.3 will have a much tighter integration with VidoeReDo. You will be able to view status of the edit/qsf/adscan's from within Sage. Also you will be able cancel them from within SageTV as well. However I am adding a Batch execution capability to the program as well. It will (at least in theory) allow as much control of other command line capable apps (like mencoder) as is currently supported for VideoReDo. But with user specified execution parameters.

BobP.
YEAH! I'd love that! I thought I could use Dirmon to monitor my directory for .edl files so after I'd saved cuts it would launch a batch file using mencoder with the proper settings to do the cutting. I'm not quite sure though how I'd pass along the info needed to mencoder though, such as file name and replacing the .old with a .new like you do with videoredo. I guess I'll just wait for .3, unless I get antsy with some spare time.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:23 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker View Post
I didn't even think of using a different decoder. Are you referring to the one chosen in the options?
Correct - if you are talking about the obtions in the plugin screen. You can leave your decoder alone for regular playback and go into options in the plugin screen and change it there to the SageTV decoder. When you leave the plugin screen your original decoder will be restored.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:45 PM
Sage Icon

Okay, so I got antsy. Is there anyway I can get the show names passed to a batch file for mencoder to run? How are you passing the info to VideoRedo?
Old 09-19-2007, 08:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker View Post
Okay, so I got antsy. Is there anyway I can get the show names passed to a batch file for mencoder to run? How are you passing the info to VideoRedo?
Sorry I've been at version 0.3 for about 8-9 months now. Version 0.2 is all most all studio code only - just a little Java for the File Open and Cut File reading. Version 0.3 will be done mostly in Java except for the supporting code in Studio. And since I only knew COBOL before this it has taken along time to learn Java and code this up. Plus lots of options have been added as well.

Now to your question a temporary solution would be to use JREkiwi's external app plugin. I think it will allow you to pass the show name to a batch file. The way I pass parameters to VideoReDo in THIS plugin is to use the ExecuteProcess studio function.

BobP.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:36 AM
Sage Icon

Thanks Bob. I'll take a look at that and see if I can do anything. I know no programming at all, so chances are I'll just be waiting on .3
Old 10-17-2007, 06:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Uploaded new version 0.2.10

• added code to fix a link and make it SageTV 6.2.10 Default STV compatible. The convert menu problem has now been fixed with this update. This was the only thing I saw that wasn't compatible with SageTV 6.2.10 if you find any more let me know.
  • added code to make this compatible with SageMC 6.3.4a+

Still working on 0.3. Hopefully won't be vaporware for too much longer but will be at least a month or two still at the rate I'm going.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:23 AM
Sage User

I've been using this STV for a few days now. I have the dymanic menus STV installed and so far the only way I have been able to get to the Video Editor is to go into my SageTV Recordings, play one of them, them, right click and play the recording (is there a way to get the Video Editor option to appear on the options menu where you can select to Watch Now, Record Options, etc?). Once the recording is playing, right click again and I can get into the Video Editor.

It seems I'm doing this the hard way but wanted to find out if others have it easier...

Thanks!
Old 10-26-2007, 06:09 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by natrlhy View Post
I've been using this STV for a few days now. I have the dymanic menus STV installed and so far the only way I have been able to get to the Video Editor is to go into my SageTV Recordings, play one of them, them, right click and play the recording (is there a way to get the Video Editor option to appear on the options menu where you can select to Watch Now, Record Options, etc?). Once the recording is playing, right click again and I can get into the Video Editor.

It seems I'm doing this the hard way but wanted to find out if others have it easier...

Thanks!
I might be able to add it to the options menu but have never looked at it in depth. You can use the MenuItemLet in the first post to get this into the dynamic menu system. Just copy the MenuItemLet in the first post to your Windows clipboard then navigate to where you want it in your dynamic menus. Now just bring up the Dynamic Menu configuration popup and select "New>Paste From Clipboard" and then save the menu file and you will now have a menu item that takes you to the VideoEdit plugin screen.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:32 AM
Sage User

Quote:
I might be able to add it to the options menu but have never looked at it in depth. You can use the MenuItemLet in the first post to get this into the dynamic menu system. Just copy the MenuItemLet in the first post to your Windows clipboard then navigate to where you want it in your dynamic menus. Now just bring up the Dynamic Menu configuration popup and select "New>Paste From Clipboard" and then save the menu file and you will now have a menu item that takes you to the VideoEdit plugin screen.
Thanks BobPhoenix,

I tried this and it worked fine on the main SageTV menu. I just couldn't figure out how to add this anywhere else. It's a learning curve with the dynamic menus STV.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:02 PM
Sage User

Queued Files

Is there a way to reuse the Ad-Scan queued files and move directly into the VideoReDo Edit (I replace the originals and this is working great!)?

Right now I queue up the files I want to Ad-Scan first, run through that, then I have to go back and re-queue them up to Edit them to replace the original files.

I also saw the request about adding an entire Catagory to the queue to edit, so I can't wait for that.

Also, is there a way to have this STV automatically process things in the background? I think this has been asked before but I wanted to make sure...

Thanks!
Old 10-26-2007, 07:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by natrlhy View Post
Is there a way to reuse the Ad-Scan queued files and move directly into the VideoReDo Edit (I replace the originals and this is working great!)?

Right now I queue up the files I want to Ad-Scan first, run through that, then I have to go back and re-queue them up to Edit them to replace the original files.
Not currently and I hadn't planned on this with version 0.3 either. However you should be able to setup the scheduler to achieve close to the same process in version 0.3.

Quote:
I also saw the request about adding an entire Catagory to the queue to edit, so I can't wait for that.
This will be possible with the scheduler in version 0.3.

Quote:
Also, is there a way to have this STV automatically process things in the background? I think this has been asked before but I wanted to make sure...
With the scheduler in version 0.3 it will be possible to add jobs to the queue automatically as well as run those operations at scheduled times.

But I've been working on it for about 9 months now so don't expect it soon.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:21 PM
Sage User

Hi,

Not sure if this is the correct place but I'm having a hard time setting up Videoredo with the plugin. I'm read through this thread and I've imported the plugin several times, reset to the default stvi, etc.. I'm running Sage MC 6.35 and am on the latest versions of SageTv and Java. Are there any additional steps that I can take to troubleshoot this issue? Can I manually add entries to the Sage.properties file to force the directory path?

I'd love to get this to work as this is the last step in my workflow for removing commercials.

Thanks in advance.

--Joel
Old 11-12-2007, 06:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jturner421 View Post
Hi,

Not sure if this is the correct place but I'm having a hard time setting up Videoredo with the plugin. I'm read through this thread and I've imported the plugin several times, reset to the default stvi, etc.. I'm running Sage MC 6.35 and am on the latest versions of SageTv and Java. Are there any additional steps that I can take to troubleshoot this issue? Can I manually add entries to the Sage.properties file to force the directory path?

I'd love to get this to work as this is the last step in my workflow for removing commercials.

Thanks in advance.

--Joel
This plugin looks for vp.vbs in whatever directory you specify for VideoReDo so make sure your install of VideoReDo has that member in the directory you point to. You can manually add the entry to the properties file if you want. It uses this property entry: "RDP/video_edit_VideoReDo_Loc" and when I configure mine the value is "C\:\\Program Files\\VideoReDoPlus" so the entire line looks like:
"RDP/video_edit_VideoReDo_Loc=C\:\\Program Files\\VideoReDoPlus"

This also needs to be in the GUI version of the properties file not the service version - if you use the service mode of SageTV. In other words on a SageTV server that is running the SageTV service you need to use SageClient.properties. This would also be correct for a client version of SageTV. If you do not use service mode on your server then it would be in Sage.properties.

Does that help?

Oh one more thing have you updated to the current version of VideoReDo? And have you tried to setup a batch mode execution of VideoReDo?

If this doesn't help could you describe your problems in further detail I might spot the problem with more detail.
Old 11-21-2007, 06:59 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hi,

Any news on version 0.3?

Also, will there be a way to have the process run on a computer of my choosing (the server), while I want to author the changes on my client machine, I want my server machine to process it.

A solution which involves dirmon + creation of a batch file or other on the server (or a machine of my choosing), would be gr8.

Thanks,
Alon24
SageTV Client 6.3.5 , AMD 3000, 1024Mb, Saphire x1600Pro256HDMI, java 1.6.1

Using Nielm's Web server 2.22
Old 11-25-2007, 12:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by alon24 View Post
Hi,

Any news on version 0.3?

Also, will there be a way to have the process run on a computer of my choosing (the server), while I want to author the changes on my client machine, I want my server machine to process it.

A solution which involves dirmon + creation of a batch file or other on the server (or a machine of my choosing), would be gr8.

Thanks,
Alon24
Getting closer. I almost have my scheduler done just have to tidy up a few things. Then I can get back to the actual operations and see what I broke there and make them work again. Once that is done I can finish the actual Queue function and make sure the undo capabilities still work for those operations that will support it. Also still need to check the SERVER support because yes it will support using a server to process the files and a client to set up the jobs. And by Server I mean a Sage Server. I cannot currently execute this without access to the Sage software API. But I would like to make a future version - maybe 0.4 a fully distributed app able to run on any PC with Java - but not with 0.3. Dirmon2 will not be necessary if these conditions are met. My goal was to make this run with only startable classes on the Sage server and only a couple of external apps like Jacob and SQLite. Jacob to give me direct access to the COM interface of VideoReDo and SQLite to contain the database values.

Sorry it has taken me so long - been very busy with this and other things and just haven't been making the progress I want. Am up to about 10,000 lines of Java code currently I think (60 classes). Probably doing things the hard way but didn't know Java before I started so don't think I've done too bad.

Anyway it is still a ways off but it is possible that I could get a lot done in a short amount of time - JUST DON'T THINK SO based on past performance.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:55 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks for your answer.
I just thought that dirmon would be needed if we could choose to compress the file using another solution and not just the sage internal convertor.

If you could add that into the system, that would be gr8 (at some point?).

Keep on the good work, we are all waiting, so no PRESSURE
(just kidding)...
SageTV Client 6.3.5 , AMD 3000, 1024Mb, Saphire x1600Pro256HDMI, java 1.6.1

Using Nielm's Web server 2.22
Old 11-25-2007, 12:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by alon24 View Post
Thanks for your answer.
I just thought that dirmon would be needed if we could choose to compress the file using another solution and not just the sage internal convertor.

If you could add that into the system, that would be gr8 (at some point?).

Keep on the good work, we are all waiting, so no PRESSURE
(just kidding)...
Any external app can be used as long as it has a CLI option so Dirmon may not be necessary.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Hi Bob, I've been patiently waiting for this Version 3 release, like everyone else... Mainly, because of the feature below....

Any chance we will see this soon?

Quote:
Actually it only requires the one at the beginning. So that is only one extra cut point. Just mark the two that you need go to the Start button then go to the set cut point button. Now just save and execute VideoReDo.

However I will see what I can do. It should be as simple as what I described above but done automatically if that mode is set. Won't be until I release version 3 which I'm sorry to say has taken me much Much MUCH longer then I thought it would. Maybe the end of next month if I'm lucky. Right now that looks possible but I've thought it would only be a month - about 2 months ago so don't count on it.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 11-26-2007, 06:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Hi Bob, I've been patiently waiting for this Version 3 release, like everyone else... Mainly, because of the feature below....

Any chance we will see this soon?
Well I made good progress over Thanksgiving but it will still be after the first of the year for this (not sure how much after the first of the year) - sorry.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Need Help with specify videoredo directory

Need some help getting this working. I've installed it, have all of the screens and editing seems to be working just fine but when I go to options>VideoReDo Options>VideoReDo Specify Directory, I get a blank screen like this one below. Did I do something wrong?
Attached Images
File Type: png options.png (38.8 KB, 191 views)