SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 04-25-2007, 06:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkaska View Post
I don't get the VideoReDo menu when I install VideoEditing. Whats wrong?
Did you go into the options menu and tell the plugin where to find VideoReDo? The current version will not display VideoReDo capabilities unless it knows where you installed it.
Old 05-17-2007, 05:30 PM
Sage Icon

This plugin rocks! I am having some difficulty getting my MVP to utilize it, I get Unknown internal screen: “Video Menu Edit Menu” when launching from MVP. I tried creating a new menu item from the MVP and the option for "Video Menu Edit Menu" doesn't exist. Any ideas? Otherwise it works fine from the server.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Sounds like you need to import the STVi from your MVP and you've only done it on the server. You could also just load the same STV that the server is using (That would be SageTV3-1.xml if using the default STV or SageMC_169-1.xml if using SageMC if you haven't imported any other plugins).
Old 05-18-2007, 07:18 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix View Post
Sounds like you need to import the STVi from your MVP and you've only done it on the server. You could also just load the same STV that the server is using (That would be SageTV3-1.xml if using the default STV or SageMC_169-1.xml if using SageMC if you haven't imported any other plugins).
Works beautifully! That did the trick. It confused me since the MVP emulated the menu changes I made on the server. So it looked like the MVP already accepted the STVi. Who cares, it works great now.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:13 AM
Sage Aficionado

I got "bitten" by the same scenario. Initially, I wanted to have nicely customized STV versions for the server client, MVP, and PlaceShifter. You know, a full-blown version with all the bells and whistles for the server client, a stripped-down version for PlaceShifter, and a middle-ground version for the MVP.

It all became just too much of a hassel, especially with upgrades, so I just trashed 'em all, started from scratech, and created a single version and now it's consistent across the board.

HTPC: AMD ASUS M2N-E Socket AM2 Motherboard; Athlon 64 3200+ Orleans 2.0GHz; 2GB RAM; eVGA 256MB Geforce 7300LE; 1x40GB IDE HDD (OS), 2xSeagate Barracuda 320GB SATA HDD (Recordings); Antec Overture II Case; Windows XP Pro SP2; SageTV v6.5
STV: SageMC
Video sources: Currently, none. I'm using SageTV for Music, Photos, and Video playback.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:25 AM
SageTVaholic

I have a question for you....

Is your placeshifter's STV stripped down because there's hardly any mouse support in SageMC's STV? I wanted to use my fancy STV with is SageMC based, but without my remote control, its kinda useless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarr View Post
I got "bitten" by the same scenario. Initially, I wanted to have nicely customized STV versions for the server client, MVP, and PlaceShifter. You know, a full-blown version with all the bells and whistles for the server client, a stripped-down version for PlaceShifter, and a middle-ground version for the MVP.

It all became just too much of a hassel, especially with upgrades, so I just trashed 'em all, started from scratech, and created a single version and now it's consistent across the board.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 05-18-2007, 12:07 PM
SageTVaholic

I was going to install this plugin on SageMC until I read the first post more carefully.

"NOTE#2: This is a cut point editor. What you are marking are the sections of the video to remove and NOT the segements to keep.
"

99% Of what I use VideoRedo (stand alone) for is the segment(s) to keep. I usually save little clips from shows (ie commercials, funny moments, etc). Is there anyway to use this plugin to do this? Marking sections of the video to remove is the complete opposite of what I would like.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 05-18-2007, 01:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
I was going to install this plugin on SageMC until I read the first post more carefully.

"NOTE#2: This is a cut point editor. What you are marking are the sections of the video to remove and NOT the segements to keep.
"

99% Of what I use VideoRedo (stand alone) for is the segment(s) to keep. I usually save little clips from shows (ie commercials, funny moments, etc). Is there anyway to use this plugin to do this? Marking sections of the video to remove is the complete opposite of what I would like.
So use it that way then before you execute VideoReDo put a cut point at the very beginning of the video or remove the one that is already there and you have effectively flipped all of the cuts to keeps and keeps to cuts. Or just remember that RED areas are removed and GREEN areas are kept on the progress bar.

Make sense?

Last edited by BobPhoenix; 05-18-2007 at 01:33 PM. Reason: left out a word
Old 05-18-2007, 01:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Hi Bob, I already thought of this; however, it would require twice as many mark in/out points to take out a little clip in the middle of a show. It would just be easier to do in the real VideoRedo. Maybe you would consider offering support for the other method as well in sageTV?

Quote:
So use it that way then before you execute VideoReDo put a cut point at the very beginning of the video or remove the one that is already there and you have effectively flipped all of the cuts to keeps and keeps to cuts. Or just remember that RED areas are removed and GREEN areas are kept on the progress bar.

Make sense?

***RIP SageTV***
Old 05-18-2007, 09:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Hi Bob, I already thought of this; however, it would require twice as many mark in/out points to take out a little clip in the middle of a show. It would just be easier to do in the real VideoRedo. Maybe you would consider offering support for the other method as well in sageTV?
Actually it only requires the one at the beginning. So that is only one extra cut point. Just mark the two that you need go to the Start button then go to the set cut point button. Now just save and execute VideoReDo.

However I will see what I can do. It should be as simple as what I described above but done automatically if that mode is set. Won't be until I release version 3 which I'm sorry to say has taken me much Much MUCH longer then I thought it would. Maybe the end of next month if I'm lucky. Right now that looks possible but I've thought it would only be a month - about 2 months ago so don't count on it.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks for explaining. I'm in no rush, since I can already do this in VideoRedo. Thank you for adding this in the next release!

Quote:
Actually it only requires the one at the beginning. So that is only one extra cut point. Just mark the two that you need go to the Start button then go to the set cut point button. Now just save and execute VideoReDo.

However I will see what I can do. It should be as simple as what I described above but done automatically if that mode is set. Won't be until I release version 3 which I'm sorry to say has taken me much Much MUCH longer then I thought it would. Maybe the end of next month if I'm lucky. Right now that looks possible but I've thought it would only be a month - about 2 months ago so don't count on it.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 05-20-2007, 03:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

Transparency issue?

I just installed this plugin and I'm having some weird transparency issues, as shown on the attached screenshot. This is the only plugin where I've noticed this problem. Any suggestions?

It seems like something that is a simple or obvious mistake on my part, but I can't find a solution.

Thanks,
Tim
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screen.JPG (212.5 KB, 267 views)
Old 05-20-2007, 06:19 PM
Sage Icon

I had this exact same issue when I first installed this plugin. What fixed it for me was to revert back to my original settings of everything, and re-install the plugin. I apparently installed it incorrectly the first time by choosing “Import STVi” from SageMC settings menu. The next time I went through Detailed Setup -> Advanced -> Import SageMC16x9 Plugin (*.xml). Worked flawlessly then.

BTW, I have found that prior to making any changes to Sage it is wise to make a complete backup of Sage and all the sub folders contents. Too often I have incorrectly installed something, folder structures get totally screwed up or something just doesn’t jive with my system settings. Without having a complete stable image of your folders it becomes really difficult to bring things back to the way they were and start over to try to get it right. It’s a contingency plan that has saved me numerous times.

I hope you get it working, it’s a great plugin. Keep up the good work Bob!
Old 05-20-2007, 10:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by othy View Post
I just installed this plugin and I'm having some weird transparency issues, as shown on the attached screenshot. This is the only plugin where I've noticed this problem. Any suggestions?

It seems like something that is a simple or obvious mistake on my part, but I can't find a solution.

Thanks,
Tim
I've never had that - but then I use the Default STV. It could be that it is expecting a background image that it can't find but I don't know for sure. I would do as wrems suggests. If it still doesn't work then zip up your stv file after the import and post it here and I will see if I can see what is wrong.
Old 05-21-2007, 04:38 AM
SageTVaholic

If you're using SageMC try making sure in the SageMC options you actually choose a background image. Even though it uses background.jpg by default the option leaves that path blank in the properties file. I saw this issue too but never tried to troubleshoot it.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:21 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
If you're using SageMC try making sure in the SageMC options you actually choose a background image. Even though it uses background.jpg by default the option leaves that path blank in the properties file. I saw this issue too but never tried to troubleshoot it.

Gerry
This did the trick. Thanks, Gerry.

And thanks Bob. This seems like a great plugin!

Tim
Old 05-21-2007, 08:38 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I have a question for you....

Is your placeshifter's STV stripped down because there's hardly any mouse support in SageMC's STV?
No. In fact, the PlaceShifter STV I "stripped down" was the default UI with just the menu entries I wanted to play live and recorded TV--nothing else. No music, DVD, video, etc. Just live and recorded TV. Mouse support never entered the picture, primarily because the default UI supports the mouse nicely, and I learned the keyboard shortcuts.

Quote:
I wanted to use my fancy STV with is SageMC based, but without my remote control, its kinda useless.
Frankly, I haven't played with the PlaceShifter under SageMC yet...

HTPC: AMD ASUS M2N-E Socket AM2 Motherboard; Athlon 64 3200+ Orleans 2.0GHz; 2GB RAM; eVGA 256MB Geforce 7300LE; 1x40GB IDE HDD (OS), 2xSeagate Barracuda 320GB SATA HDD (Recordings); Antec Overture II Case; Windows XP Pro SP2; SageTV v6.5
STV: SageMC
Video sources: Currently, none. I'm using SageTV for Music, Photos, and Video playback.
Old 09-02-2007, 06:52 PM
SageTVaholic

New version 0.2.9

Added one new feature that allows you to generate or replace the existing thumbnails on a video. If the thumbnail has been previously displayed you might not see your new thumbnail because SageTV caches them in memory and you might therefor still see the old icon. If that happens you can either browse a bunch (sorry I don't know what "bunch" is count wise) of videos and the existing icon will be dropped from memory or you can exit the GUI and get back in.

Please report any problems.

FYI: The code uses the aspect ratio of the video that is displayed on the Detailed Info screen to determine the size to generate for the thumbnail. It is always 256 wide by the appropriate height. As far as I could tell that was how Sage generated the icons. If you find this is not how it is being generated on your system (I don't have a way to record HiDef yet) just let me know what the width of your generated icons are and the aspect ratio from Detailed info and I will change the code to suit.

BobP.

Edit: added graphic with highlight to show the aspect ratio I'm talking about on the detailed info screen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AspectRatio-DetailedInfo.jpg (92.2 KB, 222 views)

Last edited by BobPhoenix; 09-02-2007 at 10:02 PM. Reason: added a graphic to further show what I meant
Old 09-11-2007, 11:55 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
I have fianlly got time to play with this. I have been itching to since your first release.
I know this was asked early on in the thread, but I am hoping the answer may have changed
Any chance of getting a frame - to go along with the frame +. I would be happy if I could set the skips so that the first skip is in frames instead of just seconds. Nevermind, I just saw this in the 'to do' section.

Also a few other question:

Should VideoRedo Editing Accuracy be set for GOP or frame editing? I left it at the default 'frame' and after the file was processed I noticed the edits were not quite frame accurate as to what I had actually marked.

Do I need to stay in the Editing screen for it to realize when VideoRedo finishes? I started the VideoRedo process, then exited that screen to do other things in Sage. I came back (via a menu item I added to SageMC's dynamic menus) when I knew the file was done, and the screen said it was still processing. I had to 'cancel' the videoredo process.

Would there be a way to integrate mencoder as you have done with VideoRedo? Since you have already built such a great GUI editor, I really have no reason to use VideoRedo, and it appears mencoder can use .edl files to cut out commercials. Free always taste good

Thank You for such a great addon.

Last edited by kricker; 09-12-2007 at 12:45 AM. Reason: more questions
Old 09-12-2007, 06:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker View Post
I have fianlly got time to play with this. I have been itching to since your first release.
I know this was asked early on in the thread, but I am hoping the answer may have changed
Any chance of getting a frame - to go along with the frame +. I would be happy if I could set the skips so that the first skip is in frames instead of just seconds. Nevermind, I just saw this in the 'to do' section.

Also a few other question:

Should VideoRedo Editing Accuracy be set for GOP or frame editing? I left it at the default 'frame' and after the file was processed I noticed the edits were not quite frame accurate as to what I had actually marked.
I've always used frame editing but even when using VideoReDo directly it can get a little off - at least for me. I have heard on the VideoReDo forums that GOP was more accurate but I don't know how reliable the info actually is. The difference could be with this plugin and the video decoder used. I find the SageTV decoder most accurate on skips and I suspect it will be when marking cuts as well. But from what I've read on these forums it doesn't work with HDTV videos - I still don't do that so cannot test.

Quote:
Do I need to stay in the Editing screen for it to realize when VideoRedo finishes? I started the VideoRedo process, then exited that screen to do other things in Sage. I came back (via a menu item I added to SageMC's dynamic menus) when I knew the file was done, and the screen said it was still processing. I had to 'cancel' the videoredo process.
This sounds like a bug. Version 0.3 will have a much better system for queuing up edits but my Java progress on this is very slow so I will see if I can reproduce it this weekend and fix it for version 0.2. Also because of the way I am doing version 0.3 the notifications (flashing menu name, menu button text change) may/will change. I haven't decided yet on what if any changes will be made other than the menu text change will no longer be necessary.

Quote:
Would there be a way to integrate mencoder as you have done with VideoRedo? Since you have already built such a great GUI editor, I really have no reason to use VideoRedo, and it appears mencoder can use .edl files to cut out commercials. Free always taste good

Thank You for such a great addon.
Version 0.3 will have a much tighter integration with VidoeReDo. You will be able to view status of the edit/qsf/adscan's from within Sage. Also you will be able cancel them from within SageTV as well. However I am adding a Batch execution capability to the program as well. It will (at least in theory) allow as much control of other command line capable apps (like mencoder) as is currently supported for VideoReDo. But with user specified execution parameters.

BobP.