SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 12-28-2006, 02:20 PM
Sage User

QAM + Fusion card = ?

Has anyone else tried to get v6 QAM tuning to work with a Fusion card? I can get QAM channels to come in on my SonyTV and using the Fusion software. The manual has a section about remmapping channels for QAM tuning but can't figure out how to make it work w/SageTV (or if it is even possible)?

Sage v6, Windows XP pro, Fusion lite tuner card.
Old 12-28-2006, 02:35 PM
Sage Icon

Sage won't do QAM with the Fusion...only the Fusion software can do it. If you want QAM, the HDHomeRun or Sasem OnAir GT is the only ways I know of. I use the HDHR.

P
Old 12-28-2006, 03:02 PM
Sage User

Isn't there any sort of workaround to use the QAM on the tuner card? It seems like since the Fusion software can do it, and Sage can do it with other tuner cards there would be some sort of way to "make it work"?
Old 12-28-2006, 03:23 PM
Sage Icon

The HDHR works because Sage Supports Network Encoders. I know nothing about the OnAir GT. Search here or AVS forum for it and it's QAM capabilities.

Edit: I had a Fusion5 (still do, want 2? ) and thought about trying this before the HDHR came out: Don't setup the Fusion in Sage, but use the Sage recording directory to store the recordings you make from the Fusion software. The Fusion software will do the sheduleing and recording, but you could watch the video in Sage. I never tried it, but something to ponder.

P

Last edited by Polypro; 12-28-2006 at 03:27 PM.
Old 12-28-2006, 03:44 PM
Sage User

I have searched the Sage forums and haven't found anything that would be helpful for a workaround with the Fusion card, I looked that the AVS forums but I don't see a way to search them? Do you have to be a member to do a search?

With Sage v5 I tried to use the Fusion software to do the recordings of HD shows and have them stored in the Sage directory, it sort of worked, however I ran into a few problems;
1)Whenever I ran the Fusion software to setup a scheduled recording Sage would not launch after I closed the Fusion software (I had to reboot the PC to get Sage to work properly again)
2)The audio for any shows I recorded dropped out after 2-3 minutes.
3)The EPG didn't seem to work correctly for the Fusion software so it wasn't very easy to search for shows (not really a big deal)
4)Overall the Fusion software didn't seem to play nice with Sage