SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-29-2006, 05:28 PM

SageTV for Sounds

Hey Guys,

I'm thinking about doing a multi-room SageTV installation and had a question about the functionality of the setup.

Say I've got a big ol' server in the basement, doin' the whole media storage/encoding/etc thing, and I've got five seperate HTPCs in various rooms rockin' SageTV.

Is there a way I can get all five clients to play the same music? Same playlist, etc. and it all be sync-d up and sounding good? Is there a way I can make three of them play one playlist, and two play a different one, etc?

Thanks for helping a newbie!

Evan
Old 12-29-2006, 10:14 PM
SageTVaholic

hmm.. not through Sage directly.. but noodle on this. Setup a shoutcast server on your server and then subscribe the clients to the streams using the web radio plugin for Sage.

food 4 thought.

b
Old 12-29-2006, 11:57 PM
Sage Icon

This feature has been asked before, but there's no audio synchronizing with SageTV, and not for video either. I think JRiver media player does the multi-zone audio thing.

Thats pretty creative thinking bcjenkins, might worth a try to see how well it works.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 12-30-2006, 12:13 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayamaniac
Thats pretty creative thinking bcjenkins, might worth a try to see how well it works.
I have my moments.. Mostly shrouded in senility, but they are there.

To OP, keep in mind you are dealing with computers.. Everything is based on cycles, so even if you played the files at the same time on every computer, you may still have sync issues.

B
Old 12-30-2006, 09:01 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Everything is based on cycles
Sounds like my wife. Oh man, I could get in trouble for that comment . . .

As for the problem at hand (no, not the wife), you might also try a Slimserver based solution. You could run SlimServer on your Sage server box and run Softsqueeze on your clients. I believe there's a Slimserver plugin for Sage, so it might integrate with Sage.

- Jeff