SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-31-2006, 02:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

v.6: favourites not scheduled to record

Just upgraded from v. 5 to 6. Now I have a big problem. I checked my recording schedule, and the only shows scheduled to record are the ones I set manually. All my favourites are not scheduled to record. The favourite list appears intact, and when I look for additional airings of the shows they come up, but aren't set to record (no white box around them). The EPG is listing things fine. What the heck is going on? Do I have to delete and set up all my favourites again or does it just take a while for Sage to figure out what to record?
Old 01-01-2007, 12:03 AM
Sage Advanced User

Well, I "fixed" this by removing my tuners and setting them up again, which fixed some of the favourites. I then had to delete the favourites that weren't working, and set them up again. weird, this has never happened to me before when upgrading SageTV.
Old 01-01-2007, 12:55 AM
Sage Advanced User

I noticed my favorites don't show up on the recording schedule list until about 3 days before the actual show time. Perhaps that's what you are experiencing too?
Athlon X2 4000 @ 2.5Ghz | Antec Veris Fusion v2 | Gigabyte GA-MA69GM-S2H | A-Data 2GB | Westinghouse LVM-37W1 37" LCD | 500GB Samsung | Hauppauge HVR-1800 | VBox DTA-150 | Logitech Harmony 520 | SageTV 6.2.10
Old 01-01-2007, 01:18 AM
Administrator

I currently have no Favs set to record either... there are no new/unwatched shows currently airing over the next few days, so no Favs to record.

Another issue could be your EPG data... what is the source of your EPG data? One of the XMLTV importers needs to be updated to work with v6. If you are using the built-in EPG data, then there shouldn't be a problem.

While viewing the Favorite Details screen, are there any results when you choose the Additional Airings button?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-01-2007, 12:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

Nope, it definitely wasn't that there were no shows to record. Prior to the upgrade, I had several shows scheduled. After the upgrade, nothing but the manual recordings were showing. Same EPG as version 4 and 5 - the one supplied by Sage. Going into additional airings, it would list new episodes, but didn't have the white border.

Strange. This never happened before when I upgraded. I think I fixed everything, though. Guess time will tell over the next couple of weeks.
Old 01-01-2007, 07:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

same problem!

I am having the same problem. The last favorite to record was on 12/31 at 5:30 pm. Since then only one recording, a manual one. there are 3 recordings listed for the next 5 days, all manual. guide data is still there and definately shows unwatched favs that should be recording. Sage is showing me the correct time, but I set it to sync with the sage server just to be sure. I just set a new manual recording, which isnt being picked up either. Its not showing up on the recording schedule, which by the way, comes up showing me the 29th (which is why I thought maybe it was confused about the day).

Im in Cancun on vacation till the end of the week so I dont know what else I can do from here. the benifit and curse of placeshifter, I guess. I know something is wrong, but there isnt much I can do about it

Nick
Old 01-01-2007, 11:00 PM
Administrator

Continuing problems with scheduling, favorites, and so on, should be submitted to SageTV. They will probably want to see debug logs while the issue is happening.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-02-2007, 11:19 AM
Sage Aficionado

I am having a similar problem. I have submitted a bug report with both debug logs and core dumps. I really hope this gets sorted out soon, because currently I don't have anything at all in the upcoming recording schedule. I've tried restarting SageTV, tried using the service, tried rebooting, tried removing and adding sources... and still nothing will show up in the recording schedule. Schedule filters are set to 'show all' as well. HELP!
Server: Antec SLK3800B, AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+, Biostar TForce 550, GeForce 7300LE, 1GB DDR2 800, 2 x HVR-1600, PVR-150MCE, 1.4TB HD Space, XP Pro, Java6, Latest SageTV Version

Last edited by Enormous; 01-02-2007 at 04:19 PM.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enormous
I am having a similar problem. I have submitted a bug report with both debug logs and core dumps. I really hope this gets sorted out soon, because currently I don't have anything at all in the upcoming recording schedule. I've tried restarting SageTV, tried using the service, tried rebooting, tried removing and adding sources... and still nothing will show up in the recording schedule. Schedule filters are set to 'show all' as well. HELP!
Try deleting a favourite and then re-create it. See if that will pick up future airings. That is what I did to fix some of my favourites.
Old 01-02-2007, 06:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by olyar15
Try deleting a favorite and then re-create it. See if that will pick up future airings. That is what I did to fix some of my favorites.
Just tried that for a few favorites, and still nothing is scheduled. The weird thing is that if I go to the Program Guide, it still shows the favorites with a white border. And I know that there are favorites to be recorded! This is extremely frustrating. I've never had my installation be broken for a complete day! I've even gone so far as to look at competitors for the first time (gasp!).
Server: Antec SLK3800B, AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+, Biostar TForce 550, GeForce 7300LE, 1GB DDR2 800, 2 x HVR-1600, PVR-150MCE, 1.4TB HD Space, XP Pro, Java6, Latest SageTV Version
Old 01-02-2007, 07:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

I just tried setting a show to manually record in about 5 minutes, and in the program guide, it shows up with a red border. But still nothing in the recording schedule! I've even reinstalled 6.0.19. I am seriously out of ideas here.

Update: The show that I set to manually record didn't start either. So I do not have any ability to record. I can view live TV just fine.
Old 01-02-2007, 09:10 PM
Administrator

Not sure if this could have such an effect, but what's your scheduling lookahead time set to? If it is more than the default 3 days, try setting it back to that.

- Andy
Old 01-02-2007, 09:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
Not sure if this could have such an effect, but what's your scheduling lookahead time set to? If it is more than the default 3 days, try setting it back to that.

- Andy
How does one set the scheduling lookahead time?
Athlon X2 4000 @ 2.5Ghz | Antec Veris Fusion v2 | Gigabyte GA-MA69GM-S2H | A-Data 2GB | Westinghouse LVM-37W1 37" LCD | 500GB Samsung | Hauppauge HVR-1800 | VBox DTA-150 | Logitech Harmony 520 | SageTV 6.2.10
Old 01-03-2007, 12:15 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Yep, scheduling_lookahead still set to 259200000 from the clean install I did on the new machine. After the numerous restarts (both machine and SageTV), the scheduling finally started up again after letting it sit for about 4 hours. But now I'm afraid to stop the process to kill the console output, because last time I just let it start up, it went all night without scheduling anything.
Old 01-03-2007, 12:17 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by morfinx
How does one set the scheduling lookahead time?
It's probably apparent from my previous post, but it is scheduling_lookahead=259200000 in your sage.properties file.
(259200000 is in milliseconds)

Last edited by Enormous; 01-03-2007 at 12:20 AM.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:48 PM
Administrator

Just a reminder: If you are having the scheduling problems as described in the first post, then please enable debug logging and send the results to SageTV. (How to enable logging & where to send the logs are covered by the post in that link.)

- Andy
Old 01-03-2007, 10:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

Does it happen if you create a new Favourite, or just with your old ones?
Old 01-04-2007, 12:11 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
enable debug logging... send the results to SageTV.
Done, and done. I also sent George my sage.properties file, and am anxiously awaiting his findings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olyar15
Does it happen if you create a new Favourite, or just with your old ones?
Well, I deleted an old favorite, and recreated it. That didn't seem to make it budge either. I didn't try creating a brand new favorite though.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:29 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enormous
Done, and done. I also sent George my sage.properties file, and am anxiously awaiting his findings.
Yeah, I know, but that might be the only log sent in... I guess I meant my post as a reminder for others, since more logs are needed to determine what might be happening.

- Andy
Old 01-04-2007, 01:24 PM
Sage User

hrrmmmm....

I have not had anything scheduled to record lately, but I assumed that was due to the holidays and nothing being new. I'll have to check when I get home if I've missed any new shows.