SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 01-01-2007, 05:34 PM
Sage User

EPG does not show as many providers as Zap2it

When I installed SageTV I was only given 2 choices for programming guides in Washington DC and these were subtexted as being in Hagerstown Maryland, 3 hours away. I have not found any discrapancies between the listings in the local paper and those through the EPG, however, I am using OTA and soon will switch to cable or FIOS, so will need moe options for programming guides. I established an account at Zap2it and noticed that when I entered my zip code I received numerous alternatives for providers right here in my area.

If SageTV uses Zap2it, why does SageTV not mimic all of the providers shown by Zap2it?

Thank you for your help.
Old 01-01-2007, 08:49 PM
Sage Icon

during setup, Sage asks you if you are tuning cable/satellite or OTA. IF you answer OTA, then you only get a list of OTA lineups. IF you pick cable/satellite and enter your zipcode, you will get all the cable and satellite lineups for your zipcode.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 01-01-2007, 11:13 PM
Administrator

It could also be a matter of what listings SageTV is provided with according to their agreement with Zap2It. (I don't know exactly what that covers.) If your provider is not included in the list to choose from in SageTV, then see the 2nd Q of this FAQ & contact SageTV to find out if it is an issue that can be fixed.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.