SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-02-2007, 08:39 AM
Sage User

Music Tagging Issues with Ver 6

Music management is ver 6 is a step forward and back from ver 5. In Sage Media Center V5 all of my album art showed up cleanly with no duplicates. I worked very hard to properly name the duplicate named albums .. ie Greatest Hits to Greatest Hits (Beatles) so everything was fine. Now with Version 6, genre and year sorts have been added ... still no problems since I am willing to do the work to tag with these elements, however in Ver 6 multiple copies of the same album art now show up with only a part of the songs being associated with each one. Also ghost names are appearing that no longer exist in the file. I am using MusicMatch Jukebox to do my tagging and I have over 25000 songs in the file.

Please suggest a different way to approach this.... different tagger that Ver 6 likes better etc.

Also, will Sage be releasing a point version of the code to fix all of the other bugs... ie Google video related (too numerous to detail here).

Thanks.
Old 01-02-2007, 09:14 AM
Administrator

If you haven't already done this, try doing a complete refresh of the music imports. First, remove all music import dirs -- instead of getting rid of the dirs, you should be able to mark them as video import dirs & turn off the music import setting. Then in the Setup menu, select Refresh Imported Media, or exit & restart SageTV (or the service).

Once your music browser shows no music, add the music import dirs and do another import lib refresh or restart SageTV.

With that many music files, it may take a while for a refresh to complete.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-02-2007, 09:50 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
...First, remove all music import dirs -- instead of getting rid of the dirs, you should be able to mark them as video import dirs & turn off the music import setting. Then in the Setup menu, select Refresh Imported Media, or exit & restart SageTV (or the service).

Once your music browser shows no music, add the music import dirs and do another import lib refresh or restart SageTV.
Excellent tip! This makes updates much simpler without hasseling with removing/adding directories.

HTPC: AMD ASUS M2N-E Socket AM2 Motherboard; Athlon 64 3200+ Orleans 2.0GHz; 2GB RAM; eVGA 256MB Geforce 7300LE; 1x40GB IDE HDD (OS), 2xSeagate Barracuda 320GB SATA HDD (Recordings); Antec Overture II Case; Windows XP Pro SP2; SageTV v6.5
STV: SageMC
Video sources: Currently, none. I'm using SageTV for Music, Photos, and Video playback.
Old 01-02-2007, 12:41 PM
Sage User

Music Tagging Issues with Ver 6

I have completely removed the music, picture and video directories ... all three ... and completely shut down Sage and the entire PC to a cold reboot. After doing this I stated up Sage, input the location for the music directory only followed by refresh imported media and then let the system take the time to load in all of the files. The result was the same... duplicate album art, album tracks dispersed amoung several albums of the same name etc.

I appreciate your reponse and I will try it again tonight . Also, do you know of any inconsistencies between MusicMatch tagging and Sage or is there a different more effective tagging app that you would recommend?

Thanks again.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:07 PM
Administrator

I don't know anything about MusicMatch, but SageTV now uses the Album Artist tag to differentiate between albums with the same name by different artists. Do your files have Album Artist tags?

I just noticed that either I'm blind or MP3 Tag Tools doesn't list the Album Artist tag. WMP will show it in its Advanced Tag Editor option, though. I don't know whether MusicMatch shows it.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-02-2007, 02:55 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
I don't know anything about MusicMatch, but SageTV now uses the Album Artist tag to differentiate between albums with the same name by different artists. Do your files have Album Artist tags?

I just noticed that either I'm blind or MP3 Tag Tools doesn't list the Album Artist tag. WMP will show it in its Advanced Tag Editor option, though. I don't know whether MusicMatch shows it.

- Andy
This is exactly what V6 does, and I personally think it is total crap. I have not found another music player that has this issue with these albums. Why can't Sage just do it like others and not require some esoteric, unknown/supported property in the tag? I can't see any value add doing it differently in this case. I'm I missing something?

Whew, I feel much better now.