SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Linux
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Linux Discussion related to the SageTV Media Center for Linux. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV Linux should be posted here.

Old 01-03-2007, 08:24 AM
Sage User

Music

I just installed SageTV yesterday and am having a problem with the music aspect.

I am running Ubuntu on the server and have copied over an album to the /var/media/music called "Art of Noise" then under that is "Below the Waste", under that are the songs.

In SageTV, I "refresh imported media" and in the music section under music, I have unknown for the album/artist, but the songs list and play.

Is there anything special I am supposed to do to have it list the missing information?

Thanks.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip33az
I just installed SageTV yesterday and am having a problem with the music aspect.

I am running Ubuntu on the server and have copied over an album to the /var/media/music called "Art of Noise" then under that is "Below the Waste", under that are the songs.

In SageTV, I "refresh imported media" and in the music section under music, I have unknown for the album/artist, but the songs list and play.

Is there anything special I am supposed to do to have it list the missing information?

Thanks.
Do you have your music files tagged correctly ? SageTV categorizes music based on tags, it doesn't recognize the directory structure.

Dirk
Old 01-03-2007, 09:04 AM
Sage User

I believe I do.

When I go to that location on the server and right click on it and select properties, Gnomes Audio tab has:

Title - Back to Back
Artist - Art of Noise
Album - Below the Waste
Year - 1989
Duration - 3 minutes 52 seconds

I believe that is the tagging. I'm not too familiar with how MP3 work.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:37 AM
Sage User

Here is what it reports in the Sagetv_0.txt file:

Wed 1/3 10:31:53.022 FORMATERROR UNABLE TO PARSE FILE TYPE FOR FILE: /var/media/music/art of noise/below the waste/back_to_back.mp3
Wed 1/3 10:31:53.182 FORMATERROR UNABLE TO PARSE FILE TYPE FOR FILE: /var/media/music/art of noise/below the waste/catwalk.mp3

The files play fine.

What program should I use to fix the tagging?
Old 01-04-2007, 07:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip33az
Here is what it reports in the Sagetv_0.txt file:

Wed 1/3 10:31:53.022 FORMATERROR UNABLE TO PARSE FILE TYPE FOR FILE: /var/media/music/art of noise/below the waste/back_to_back.mp3
Wed 1/3 10:31:53.182 FORMATERROR UNABLE TO PARSE FILE TYPE FOR FILE: /var/media/music/art of noise/below the waste/catwalk.mp3

The files play fine.

What program should I use to fix the tagging?
Sorry, can't help you with that, I'm running Windows... It might even be an issue with the Linux version of Sage, so maybe you should also submit a problem report to support

Dirk