SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 01-03-2007, 05:08 PM
Sage Fanatic

SA Explorer 3250 box

Hi.

I have a Time Warner Scientific Atlanta Explorer 3250 box and wanted to know if anyone else is using it with SageTV? More specifically, if they are using it connected via firewire and does it work and what channels do you get?

Thanks.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:19 PM
Sage Icon

Yes, people have gotten it to work in Sage via firewire. Check out the main firewire thread for more info. http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9288 Thread search it to get through all the clutter, but there is info about getting the SA3250 to work.

As for what channels you will get, it all depends on your cable company. Some people get just a few channels, their digital locals, and other people get every channel they subscribe too. It all depends on how the programing is sent out the firewire port. It may be encrypted and the PC can't decrypt it. The common term for it is 5C . If it is on, then you can't record that program, if it is off, then you can.

edit: added link to firewire thread.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.

Last edited by ke6guj; 01-03-2007 at 05:31 PM.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:19 AM

I have Time Warner and SA3250HD. So far I'm able to change channel through the firewire connection but I haven't tried recording through firewire yet, it's on my list of things to do when I'm free.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:43 AM
Sage Expert

I have that box. I was using it with a firewire connection, however everything is now 5c encrypted. It may be completely in the clear in your market however.

I can still change channels via firewire.