SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 01-06-2007, 09:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

Lip-Sync problems playing HD on MVP

Running 6.0.19.

I'm having a bunch of trouble with HD .TS files that I'm attempting to play on my MVP.

The video plays fine (no jerkiness) but there's a horrible lip-sync problem. Audio is a number of seconds ahead of video.

I played the same file using SageTVClient, and the PlaceShifter Client (using transcode mode) and they play perfectly.

Both transcode-quality settings have the same sync problem.

I've tried adding "-async 1" to the ffmpeg params in media_server/transcode_quality/DVD and SACD but it made no difference.

Tests were performed in service-mode and non-service mode with the same results.

Anyone else seeing this? Anyone have a working solution for this?

Andy.
Old 01-07-2007, 06:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS
Running 6.0.19.

I'm having a bunch of trouble with HD .TS files that I'm attempting to play on my MVP.

The video plays fine (no jerkiness) but there's a horrible lip-sync problem. Audio is a number of seconds ahead of video.

I played the same file using SageTVClient, and the PlaceShifter Client (using transcode mode) and they play perfectly.

Both transcode-quality settings have the same sync problem.

I've tried adding "-async 1" to the ffmpeg params in media_server/transcode_quality/DVD and SACD but it made no difference.

Tests were performed in service-mode and non-service mode with the same results.

Anyone else seeing this? Anyone have a working solution for this?

Andy.
I think the transcode quality for DVD will only affect DVD and not recordings. Have you tried going into detaled setup on the MVP and go to video/audio settings and set the audio playback delay?

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:27 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky
I think the transcode quality for DVD will only affect DVD and not recordings. Have you tried going into detaled setup on the MVP and go to video/audio settings and set the audio playback delay?

Gerry
Gerry,

What settings are selected then for the 'Standard' and 'Good' Extender Transcode settings?
If you look in the extenders' properties file there are two lines that appeared to me to be relevant:
Code:
miniclient/conservative_transcode_mode=SVCD
miniclient/transcode_mode=DVD
This is why I thought that DVD and SVCD settings are used for transcoding to the extender.

I'm only seeing this for HD material so setting the audio playback delay won't work as it would mess up my SD playback. Additionally, it seems as though the delay is variable so I doubt that any particular setting would work.

The weirdest thing is that transcoding to the placeshifter (essentially the same operation for the server AFAIK) works fine.

Andy.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:57 AM
Sage User

I'm seeing the exact same problem with HD .TS files (recorded from HDHomeRun)
Old 01-17-2007, 09:22 PM
Sage Expert

Exact same problems here....

The sound comes through about 10 seconds before the video. Also the same for live HD TV across to the MVP. I guess I expected it, since it has to be transcoded, but I'm hoping for a solution.

Funny though...Sometimes the recorded is in sync and sometimes its not...

My daughter was not very happy when she could not watch the HD version of "24" on the TV in her room via the MVP. She said, "Daddy, when is Sage TV going to have an HD extender?"

Well????

Gary Ellis
Old 01-17-2007, 09:59 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyellis
My daughter was not very happy when she could not watch the HD version of "24" on the TV in her room via the MVP. She said, "Daddy, when is Sage TV going to have an HD extender?"

Well????

Gary Ellis
Q2, 2007 per the Sage Guys at CES.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.