SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-10-2003, 08:17 PM
Sage Icon

SageTV Client<-> Master Architecture question

If I have SageTV Client on a pc, and a hard disk on that pc shared over the network to SageTV Master recording shows to it, when I attempt to watch those shows via the SageTV Client will the movie be transmitted to the master, and then back to the client PC for display?

I ask because my home network has been flaky lately, and SageTV Client has been crashing with evil errors as a result. Of course this is always when my wife & I are watching something, reducing her opinion of the stability of our setup. Watching the mpeg file directly via WMP or other player crashes always, so that won't cut it.

I'm thinking that cutting the network out of the equation for those shows that my wife & I watch together would assist in the stability and WAF of things HTPC.
Old 11-10-2003, 08:37 PM
Sage Icon

Re: SageTV Client<-> Master Architecture question

Pretty sure it would go back to the SageTV server than back to the client (even though the drive is physically in the client).

Sorry.

Jason

Quote:
Originally posted by IVB
If I have SageTV Client on a pc, and a hard disk on that pc shared over the network to SageTV Master recording shows to it, when I attempt to watch those shows via the SageTV Client will the movie be transmitted to the master, and then back to the client PC for display?

I ask because my home network has been flaky lately, and SageTV Client has been crashing with evil errors as a result. Of course this is always when my wife & I are watching something, reducing her opinion of the stability of our setup. Watching the mpeg file directly via WMP or other player crashes always, so that won't cut it.

I'm thinking that cutting the network out of the equation for those shows that my wife & I watch together would assist in the stability and WAF of things HTPC.
Old 11-10-2003, 11:02 PM
Sage Icon

Any confirmation from the Dan/Jeff? Alternatively, what if I buy a SageMaster license with no EPG - can I get it to share recording schedule & watched info with the primary SageMaster?
Old 11-11-2003, 09:17 AM
SageTV Co-Founder

Two versions of SageTV cannot talk to each other, that's what the Client is for, sorry.

Jeff will have to answer the architecture question.
Old 11-12-2003, 08:00 PM
Sage

It will round-trip the data at the present time; it doesn't know the disk is on the client.