SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 01-12-2007, 11:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

SageMC Theme MCE2.0

Here's a simple modification to the MCE SageMC theme. Calling it MCE2.0.

install it as you would with any other SageMC theme.

you can download it from here:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...do=file&id=152
Old 01-13-2007, 09:56 AM
Sage Aficionado

Sorry having to ask, but how do you install this?

I know in SageMC the location where you can select the theme, but have never added a theme myself. I have to unzip you file in which directory? Does it than automatically become selectable as new theme?

I did try to copy it into C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE under a new directory Images_MC2, but can't select it (did restart Sage). I do have 6 themes I can select out, but the second called BlueTwo is 'empty'. IS that the new one?

Jan
Old 01-13-2007, 10:32 AM
Sage Advanced User

you have to edit your sage.properties / sageclient.properties.

look for something like this:
ui/themes/6/image_root=Images_MC
ui/themes/6/title=MCE

then add
ui/themes/7/image_root=Images_MC2
ui/themes/7/title=MCE2

right after them.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:32 AM
Sage Aficionado

What's the difference? Screen shot looks the same...
Old 01-13-2007, 10:56 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix35
you have to edit your sage.properties / sageclient.properties.

look for something like this:
ui/themes/6/image_root=Images_MC
ui/themes/6/title=MCE

then add
ui/themes/7/image_root=Images_MC2
ui/themes/7/title=MCE2

right after them.
Thanks, that did it! I also found out why my second theme was 'empty', the directory was gone (copied it out of my backup). All is working now.

Jan
Old 01-13-2007, 12:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

Can we have some info on what this modification is? I use the MCE theme and am interested in what is new.
Old 01-13-2007, 12:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

nothing major, just the background and selection bars are modified, but I believe it looks better that way, check the download link, there's a snapshot
Old 01-13-2007, 09:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

matrix35,

I like what you have done but can't get it installed. I am running SageTV 6.0.19 and SageMC16x9 Latest Dev Build through an MVP. I unzipped your files into C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE\Images_MC2. But when I go to edit the sage.properties or sageclient.properties there is no ui/themes/ section in either. On my MVP I can select the other 6 themes in SageMC16x9 just fine, I just don't know where they are listed to add yours. Any help would be appreciated.

TIA
Old 01-13-2007, 09:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm not sure how MVP works but if you got SageMC installed, there must be a ui/themes entry in a .properties file. I believe Dirk is the one to call.

as a workaround, you could overwrite the contents of another theme's folder by the zip contents. then selecting it in theme manager.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

Good idea, I just renamed one of the other theme folders to something else and then renamed Images_MC2 and it worked. Thanks. I will have to buzz on over to the MVP section and see what I can find out about the MVP .properties file. I just thought that the MVP worked from the sageclient.properties file. Anyways thanks again and it looks great.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrrl
matrix35,

I like what you have done but can't get it installed. I am running SageTV 6.0.19 and SageMC16x9 Latest Dev Build through an MVP. I unzipped your files into C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE\Images_MC2. But when I go to edit the sage.properties or sageclient.properties there is no ui/themes/ section in either. On my MVP I can select the other 6 themes in SageMC16x9 just fine, I just don't know where they are listed to add yours. Any help would be appreciated.

TIA
The properties for an MVP are in the clients folder with a name like: 000dfe009999.properties. This is the MAC address of the MVP. If you look there I bet you will find the properties matrix35 mentioned.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

OK, figured it out. MVP properties are located under C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\clients folder. My MVP properties file is "000dfe0a215c.properties". I believe that the left side is the NIC MAC address of my MVP. Hope that helps anyone else using an MVP.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:22 AM
Sage User

Is anyone still using this theme? I have tried all the suggestions in this thread, but either get no difference, or a black screen. Maybe it is just not compatible anymore?