SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 01-14-2007, 04:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Dead MVP?

Okay, so this morning I went to watch tv in the bedroom thru one of my MVP's, and the bootup screen showed all 5 load bars but nothing happening. Pulled the plug, restarted, it didn't actually go thru the "loading" it just showed the main screen with all 5 bars and sat there. I started looking at the cables and realised one of my dogs must have chewed the ethernet cable, and now there are no lights off the ethernet port. I took the unit apart and could not find any fried capacitors/resistors/etc. It is almost like the bios/firmware is screwed up. Anyone know of a way to "flash the bios" of the MVP or is this some kind of "screen of death"?
Sage Server: AMD Athlon II 630, Asrock 785G motherboard, 3GB of RAM, 500GB OS HD in RAID 1 and 2 - 750GB Recording Drives, HDHomerun, Avermedia HD Duet & 2-HDPVRs, and 9.0TB storage in RAID 5 via Dell Perc 5i for DVD storage
Source: Clear QAM and OTA for locals, 2-DishNetwork VIP211's
Clients: 2 Sage HD300's, 2 Sage HD200's, 2 Sage HD100's, 1 MediaMVP, and 1 Placeshifter
Old 01-15-2007, 04:42 PM
Sage Icon

You've tried rebooting your router and blowing away the Clients folder?
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients