SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Placeshifter
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Placeshifter Discussion related to the SageTV Placeshifter application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV Placeshifter software application should be posted here.

Old 01-15-2007, 08:07 PM
Sage User

Invalid User Name

Hey Everybody,

I set up PS while at home, opened the ports in the server and router firewall and tested PS while at home. We have two broadband connections so i also set the router to only pass the server through one WAN port to avoid having the traffic split between two differnent WAN IP's.

I tested the PS client and it worked fine. It asked for the login information, etc etc.

Now i'm travelling, this is the trip i upgraded for, and the locator sees the server, connects to the server, asks for my login, and then tells me the login is incorrect.

The user and password i used is nothing strange and i've tried it every which way i can think of including capitalization, leading/trailing space, even switching the username and password with the same result.

My wife will have access to the server and local clients at home for another day so there is limited ability to check things at the server.

Any suggestions???

J
Old 01-15-2007, 08:19 PM
Sage Icon

I had an issue with Sage not letting me log in with my username as ke6guj, so I set up another user without a # in it and it worked fine. That was the only thing I saw with logging in with the placeshifter client. The server accepted the username and password in setup, but not in usage.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 01-16-2007, 07:38 AM
Sage Expert

Type the user name and password in very slowly; I know it sounds silly, but if there's any sort of network congestion, the password or username may drop a few characters in transit.

Stu
Old 01-16-2007, 01:38 PM
Sage User

Well, i had my wife change the password to remove the number from it and i tried typing slowly to make sure the characters were echoed but still to no avail. Also made sure that the user was enabled. I do have one question, the username and password are each 3 characters long, is that too short?? Also, i did try with all the different versions of capitalization, is the username case sensitive?

thanks! J
Old 01-17-2007, 12:37 AM
Sage User

Well, i'm not sure what the problem was but my wife created a new user with a six character username and password with no numbers in them and it seems to be working fine. The original user is still not working but we left it in place in case there is anybody who wants to diagnose it for STV enhancement / documentation.

Thanks to everyone who allocated grey matter cycles on this.
J
Old 01-17-2007, 07:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Check and make sure you didn't put a space after the last charater for name or pw.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.