SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-16-2007, 11:47 PM
Sage User

Manual Recordings as a favorite - making it the default?

Not sure the correct location for this question so I'll start here.

Manual Recordings as a favorite - making it the default with regards to deletion order in the recording directory. Or it might be better to say "manual recording autodelete on...?"

I currently use sagemc on 3 clients and 1 server - so maybe this belongs in the sagemc thread.

Anyway...

1. Sage will keep manual recordings indefinitely until they are manually deleted. (p237 sage6 manual)

2. I would like most of my recordings to be added to the delete queue regardless of manual or favorite based on watch flag and recording date.

3. As an exception I would like to be able to select a recording (at the time of selecting recording) to be manual, i.e. retained in indefinitely. This is already an option for favorites.

I've dug thru the Sage6 manual and looked for setting(s) in the properties file - no luck. There is a the ability in the default stv to remove the "manual"-ness of a manual recording after the recording - I would prefer this at the point of selection AND would like to invert the default

I hope some of this made sense.

I'm guessing this will involve studio work or the like.

Any suggestions? Other threads on this topic? Appropriate place for this topic? Any help or ideas appreciated.

Regards,
gk
Old 01-17-2007, 12:18 AM
Administrator

The two ways to tell SageTV to record a show are to set up a Manual Recording or a Favorite. (OK, there are Timed Recordings, but they are treated as manual records.) If you want it to be auto-deletable after being recorded w/o doing anything on your part, you'll have to make it a Fav, which by default can be auto deleted.

There is no option to set MRs so they can be auto deleted... other than removing their MR status... and if you do that before the show is recorded, it won't be recorded... so it is auto deleted before being recorded.

Maybe what you want is a customization that will remove the MR status of any recording after it has been recorded. Then, if you want to force SageTV to keep it, you can mark it as Archived. Archived recordings are also not auto deleted.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:34 AM
Sage User

Thanks for the response.

It sounds like the best option then is to figure out how to get things working with favorites and/or IR. I'll think on it some more.

Thanks again.

gk
Old 07-10-2008, 09:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
The two ways to tell SageTV to record a show are to set up a Manual Recording or a Favorite. (OK, there are Timed Recordings, but they are treated as manual records.) If you want it to be auto-deletable after being recorded w/o doing anything on your part, you'll have to make it a Fav, which by default can be auto deleted.

There is no option to set MRs so they can be auto deleted... other than removing their MR status... and if you do that before the show is recorded, it won't be recorded... so it is auto deleted before being recorded.

Maybe what you want is a customization that will remove the MR status of any recording after it has been recorded. Then, if you want to force SageTV to keep it, you can mark it as Archived. Archived recordings are also not auto deleted.

- Andy
Maybe because it's late, but I've been reading through the API docs for nearly a half hour now and I can't find an API call that removes the MR status of a recording. Hopefully I'm just not seeing it in the docs?
Old 07-10-2008, 09:51 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
I can't find an API call that removes the MR status of a recording.
Use CancelRecording() after it has completed recording.

Using Record() on an existing recording gives it Manual Recording status.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.