SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-19-2007, 12:56 AM
Sage User

Problem Recording/Playback HD

Running v6.0.19. If I watch a HD program live, everything is fine. If I record and playback the same HD program, I get pauses, stuttering, and pixelation. I tried increasing the recording quality but it doesn't help. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Wing
Old 01-19-2007, 01:47 AM
SageTVaholic

Watching live (through SageTV) is equivalent to recording and playing back. Or are you talking about playback while recording is still in progress v. waiting until recording is done before starting playback?

Encoding quality settings have no effect on HD, which is already encoded in digital form when you receive it off the air/cable/satellite/whatever. The quality is whatever your provider sends it out at.

Might want to say what equipment you're using to do the recording and playback in case there are device-specific issues.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:00 PM
Sage User

I know that watching live TV = recording and playing back. I am having issues with watching a HD program after it has been recorded. I've tested playing the file outside of SageTV and I still see the pauses, stuttering, ...etc so the problem occurs during the recording. This is what puzzles me. Why does the live TV recording work but not a scheduled recording of the HD program.

System consists of Windows XP Pro, P4 2.4Ghz with 1 Gb memory on ASUS P4-800E, Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-150MCE, Hauppauge PVR-250, AVerTVHD A180, ATI All-In-Wonder X800, HDA Xplosion 7.1 DTS, Sigma Designs XCard

Wing
Old 01-23-2007, 02:34 AM
Sage Icon

If the stutering is in the recorded file then it is most likely something to do with how the HD card writes to the disks.

Are your disks near full and very fragmented? This may mean that your available disk space is bits and pieces all over the disk making it hard for the disk to keep up with the stream coming in.