SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 01-19-2007, 09:30 PM
Sage User

Hauppauge MCE Remote Problems

I'm going to scream....

I'm running 5.0.4 I have an MCE Kit with the packaged remote, all the buttons worked fine natively - then I wiped my system and did a fresh XP SP2 install and reinstalled sage - now the pause, stop, ff rew buttons don't work on my remote... Did I miss something?
Old 01-19-2007, 10:50 PM
Administrator

Did you select the MCE Remote option in Detailed Setup -> Commands -> Remote Control Config? If you've already done that, then it is probably something about the MCE remote drivers that someone else will have to chime in on.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:56 PM
Sage User

Yeah I selected that...
Old 01-19-2007, 10:58 PM
Administrator

BTW: Check the stickies in this forum -- there is one at the top right now about the MCE remote (see post 2 in that one) & the one for remote resources has more MCE links.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-20-2007, 02:01 AM
Sage User

Thanks Opus - Already saw all those. I think I may have a hardware issue, I moved the MCE remote and SMK reciever to another box running sage 5 and it works fine...
Old 01-20-2007, 01:04 PM
Sage Aficionado

I know myself and others have seen some weird results when there is also a Microsoft wireless keyboard plugged in at the same time as the MCE remote. Is that applicable to your situation?
Server: Antec SLK3800B, AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+, Biostar TForce 550, GeForce 7300LE, 1GB DDR2 800, 2 x HVR-1600, PVR-150MCE, 1.4TB HD Space, XP Pro, Java6, Latest SageTV Version
Old 02-13-2007, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enormous
I know myself and others have seen some weird results when there is also a Microsoft wireless keyboard plugged in at the same time as the MCE remote. Is that applicable to your situation?
trying to search on this problem is hard... this has been driving me NUTS!. I have a MS wireless keyboard/mouse and XP Pro SP2 with the MCE IR reciever and remote i got with the Hauppage 150MCE. Every time i configured Sage and got to the point when picking my remote and i selected MCE remote, Sage got all flaky- the Sage window mainly flickers, the text dims, and you can't really see the effect of controlling either w/ the keyboard/mouse or w/ the remote. So i unistalled/reinstalled sage, same problem all over again.

Finally, i pulled the USB plug on the MS keyboard/mouse after selecting the MCE remote, and viola! - everything is fine - all of the MCE remote buttons work fine including My TV, guide, etc. So, ALL i have to do is unplug the USB cable of the keyboard/mouse reciever when i want to use sage

Yeah, right... is there a known fix to this? Are there any known wireless keyboard/mouse solutions that are compatible with the MCE remote/USB reciever in Sage?

thanks, Jay
Old 02-13-2007, 10:28 PM
Sage Icon

Sage v6, XP Pro SP2, MCE IR Receiver, Keyboard & Remote (both OEM & a Harmony with MCE codes) are working fine here. Did you install the "Update Rollup2 For eHome Infrared Receiver"?

P
Old 02-14-2007, 08:25 PM

Hmm, i didn't install that, but my keyboard/mouse are not an "MCE" keyboard/mouse - they are simply a microsoft wireless keyboard/mouse set (keyboard is microsoft wireless multimedia keyboard 1.1, mouse is m/s standard wireless optical mouse).

Would you still recommend installing update rollup 2 on non MCE XP SP2?+

thx, jay

//EDIT - i tried rollup 2, it didn't change the behavior - i think there must be some issue w/ the non-MCE wireless reciever for the keyboard/mouse and the mce reciever for the remote... at least an issue in sage - i have another MCE machine, i'll try the wireless keyboard/mouse on that machine and see if there are similar issues w/ the remote and keyboard/mouse on that machine...

Last edited by jaygardner; 02-14-2007 at 10:08 PM.