SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 01-20-2007, 09:39 PM
Sage User

SageMC Interface Question

I can't believe that I have to ask this but...

I am using mouse and keyboard right now.

On the UI that comes default with the program there is an arrow in the upper left to go back to the previous menu or you can click the sagetv logo and go the main menu.

In any of the SageMC themes once i selected a menu item, (i.e my music) I can't find a way back unless i completely close the program.

Is there a way???

Justb
Old 01-20-2007, 10:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjustme
I can't believe that I have to ask this but...

I am using mouse and keyboard right now.

On the UI that comes default with the program there is an arrow in the upper left to go back to the previous menu or you can click the sagetv logo and go the main menu.

In any of the SageMC themes once i selected a menu item, (i.e my music) I can't find a way back unless i completely close the program.

Is there a way???

Justb
Sure there is

You can either

- use the "Left" cursor key while you are on any of the left-hand menu buttons to go back to the previous menu (this requires the "Left As Back" setting to be enabled, but by default this is already set to on)

- click with the mouse in an "empty" space in the lower left corner of the screen

Dirk
Old 01-21-2007, 02:26 PM
Sage User

ok,

Those suggestions didn't work. I also noticed i have no SAGEMC in the settings page. I had installed MC with the exe installer by Jason.

So I uninstalled and deleted all the files and reload the original SageTV.

I then installed SageMC using the direct files and extracted them to the sagetv folder.

I enabled it under the advanced options. It gave a black screen and said failed to load..

Now i have a black screen, the menu items show up but they don't disappear they just stack onto of each other.

the good news is the left arrow and the left corner back button work now. I also have the sageMC menu option.

what's causing this??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sageblack.jpg (72.5 KB, 286 views)
Old 01-21-2007, 02:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
ok,

Those suggestions didn't work. I also noticed i have no SAGEMC in the settings page. I had installed MC with the exe installer by Jason.

So I uninstalled and deleted all the files and reload the original SageTV.

I then installed SageMC using the direct files and extracted them to the sagetv folder.

I enabled it under the advanced options. It gave a black screen and said failed to load..

Now i have a black screen, the menu items show up but they don't disappear they just stack onto of each other.

the good news is the left arrow and the left corner back button work now. I also have the sageMC menu option.

what's causing this??
It looks like some files are missing... If you are running SageTV 6.0, I would recommend to download the full SageMC install package here and follow the posted installation instructions.

If you are still on SageTV 5.x, you have to download the older base install package here and then update the latest STV version here (which contains installation instructions for v5.x).

Dirk
Old 01-21-2007, 02:38 PM
Sage User

it's sage 6.0 i installed, and that link is where I downloaded sageMC from. i guess i can try downloading it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
It looks like some files are missing... If you are running SageTV 6.0, I would recommend to download the full SageMC install package here and follow the posted installation instructions.

If you are still on SageTV 5.x, you have to download the older base install package here and then update the latest STV version here (which contains installation instructions for v5.x).

Dirk
Old 01-21-2007, 02:55 PM
Sage User

redownloaded the sagemc and it works now thanks!
Old 01-21-2007, 02:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
it's sage 6.0 i installed, and that link is where I downloaded sageMC from. i guess i can try downloading it again
Ah ok, if you used that link the files should be ok...

Quote:
I enabled it under the advanced options.
How did you 'enable' it, did you 'Load' or 'Import' the SageMC_169.xml ?

Edit: cool, glad it works !

Dirk
Old 01-23-2007, 11:32 AM
Sage User

Ok,

I have SageMC all loaded and it looks like the prefect solution, but one major issue that will probably make this program unusable.

How do you get the main screen links clickable?

Example,

I want to play a CD.

I start Sage. The main Menu comes up.

I try to click My Music and it won't take me there, i have to use the keyboard.

Is there any way to make this happen?

Brian
Old 01-23-2007, 11:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Ok,

Is there any way to make this happen?

Brian
This should work.

Which STV version is listed when you go to the 'Settings' menu ? And when you bring up the options menu in them main menu (with ESC), which 'Menu Style' is selected ? If it is 'MCE', try to change it to 'Sage' and see if it makes any difference...

Dirk
Old 01-23-2007, 04:16 PM
Sage User

Is there any way to have mouse control in the guide while using SageMC? If not, does anyone know why this wouldn't be an option?

Cheers,
Old 01-24-2007, 01:37 AM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to hechacker1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armondole
Is there any way to have mouse control in the guide while using SageMC? If not, does anyone know why this wouldn't be an option?

Cheers,
yeah, i was waiting to bring this issue up too. I really like the MC interface over the default sage, but it isn't mouse/keyboard friendly.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:30 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hechacker1
yeah, i was waiting to bring this issue up too. I really like the MC interface over the default sage, but it isn't mouse/keyboard friendly.
The SageMC interface was originally designed for Remote Control (and keyboard,IIRC) usage. Flachbar has been adding in more mouse control usage in the newer releases.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 01-24-2007, 01:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

I started using SageMC on my HTPC, after having it always on my MVP. I use mainly the keyboard as I find this quick and practical - but as often that's a personal thing. I do have to use the remote to get out of the Guide (right arrow moves the guide, it's not getting you out). Don't know if there's a keyboard short cut to get out.

Regarding the Guide, I more and more use the SageTV Web Interface. I find it vastly superior. Have you tried it?

Switching of days, channels, schedule recordings, the overview, ... just everything is better.

Don't take this as I find SageMC/Sage not good , this is of course as this a web interface just allows for better navigating. SageMC/Sage has the limitation of the remote.

Jan
Old 01-24-2007, 02:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JParedis
I started using SageMC on my HTPC, after having it always on my MVP. I use mainly the keyboard as I find this quick and practical - but as often that's a personal thing. I do have to use the remote to get out of the Guide (right arrow moves the guide, it's not getting you out). Don't know if there's a keyboard short cut to get out.
I usually just use the Home key to get back to the main menu. This seems to work well. You could also use Alt+Left to activate the Back command. HTH

Aloha,
Mike
Old 01-24-2007, 04:21 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JParedis
Regarding the Guide, I more and more use the SageTV Web Interface. I find it vastly superior. Have you tried it?

Switching of days, channels, schedule recordings, the overview, ... just everything is better.

Don't take this as I find SageMC/Sage not good , this is of course as this a web interface just allows for better navigating. SageMC/Sage has the limitation of the remote.

Jan

You're right, but this is exactly why I would enjoy having mouse control in SageMC's guide. Especially since the mouse control seems very well built into all other aspects of SageMC it seems a shame to have left it out... If you really want things done quickly, the mouse/keyboard combo is hard to beat.

- C