SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-21-2007, 03:53 PM
Sage User

Not Automatically Deleting Live TV

I have a slight problem that should hopefully be easy to fix. I have intelligent recording disabled and "Delete Live TV Files When Not Using Intelligent Recording" enabled. So I assumed when I switched channels the previous channel's file would be deleted.

For instance, while watching the NFC Championship today I flipped channels over to watch college basketball on CBS. I assumed upon switching the NFC Championship file would be deleted when the new CBS Basketball Live TV recording was created. However the NFC Championship file was not deleted.

As a result Dirmon2 began running comskip on the NFC Championship recording which should have been deleted. It's not a HUGE issue, but it is using up CPU resources.

Finally, when I close SageTV (clicking the X in the window and sending it to the task bar but not completely closing the program) the Live TV recordings fro channel switching are deleted. ANYWAYS, I was under the impression tha the live tv files would be deleted immediately upon channel changing so that comskip would not be run on them. Any ideas how to fix this so that Dirmon2 isn't running comskip on these files? THANKS!!
Old 01-21-2007, 04:55 PM
Administrator

That setting doesn't promise the live TV files will be deleted immediately after changing channels.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-21-2007, 06:13 PM
Sage User

Thanks for the reply Andy. Is there a specific time frame within which they'll be deleted, or is it just when SageTV is closed? Thanks for your help!

Jon
Old 01-21-2007, 06:46 PM
Sage User

yea, i'm having problems with partial recordings sticking around for a while also... it appears to be sitcking around until the show is over before deleting. Is there a setting we can change somewhere to delete the file after say 15 seconds?
Old 01-21-2007, 09:35 PM
Administrator

I didn't go into more detail in my previous post because I don't have a description of exactly when live TV recordings are removed and there isn't a setting that I know of that says to always delete them immediately after changing the channel... or at any other specified time. The time when the shows are deleted varies according to the current situation SageTV finds itself in.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

I believe live TV recordings are autmoatically deleted at the beginning of two show slots later. For example, it records a show that runs from 8-8:30. Another show runs from 8:30-9 and the 8 o'clock show is still there. When the 9 o'clock show starts the 8 o'clock will then be deleted...I think, anyway, from my own observation.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:23 PM
Sage User

hmm... well it normally wouldnt be a problem.. but ShowAnalyzer is picking up on a new recording and trying to mark it, which locks up SA because the file either isnt finished or sage is trying to delete it.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpup32
hmm... well it normally wouldnt be a problem.. but ShowAnalyzer is picking up on a new recording and trying to mark it, which locks up SA because the file either isnt finished or sage is trying to delete it.
IMO you should focus on fixing the problem with SA. I used to have a problem with SA locking up, but mine were fully completed recordings. I've since switched to comskip and haven't had a single lockup since. I process all of my shows as they record so every time I watch live TV I have partial recordings being processed and I'm sure Sage regularly tries to delete shows that comskip is still processing.

Others are running SA just as you are without issue. So it should be possible to fix. Even if you could have Sage delete the files quicker there is still the chance that SA would get launched during that small window and lock up. Not to mention there doesn't seem to be a way to speed up how quickly the files are deleted.

Last edited by blade; 01-22-2007 at 04:47 PM.