SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-21-2007, 05:34 PM
Sage User

Is control of Volume possible from within Sage?

I run just two apps on my HTPC, Sage and TheaterTek. I also use the SPDIF output connector. Does anyone know of a way to balance the volume between these two programs? Thanks
Old 01-21-2007, 07:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_s
I run just two apps on my HTPC, Sage and TheaterTek. I also use the SPDIF output connector. Does anyone know of a way to balance the volume between these two programs? Thanks
From what I know if you use SPDIF the reciever controls the volume level. I dont think there is a way to control the volume from within Sage. If there is I havent found it.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:41 PM
SageTVaholic

AC3Filter has extensive controls for tweaking volume levels and balance and such. The version of AC3Filter that installs with Sage is quite old, but you can overwrite it with the latest version (1.11) found at http://ac3filter.net/. Unfortunately the documentation, while extensive, is rather impenetrable so you'll probably have to do some trial-and-error fiddling to get a good result.

The main thing is that you have to check the "Use AC3 encoder" checkbox on the System tab to get the controls to work at all when using SPDIF output. Basically this checkbox tells AC3Filter to decode the SPDIF audio stream, apply the volume changes or whatever, and then re-encode it as AC3. Otherwise it just passes the SPDIF signal through to the receiver without modification. (If you're a hardcore audiophile you may not want to do this, because it introduces another lossy encoding step into the pipeline.)

This of course assumes that you have AC3Filter selected as your audio decoder in Sage, or are willing to select it in order to get access to these controls.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:56 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jds23
Sure there is... Try the attached file in this post:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...56&postcount=4
Nice, I didn't know something like that existed. I'll look into this. Thanks.