SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 01-25-2007, 12:17 AM
Sage Aficionado

Something I don't understand

pretend I have a Hauppauge 150 (which I do), I plug my SVideo from my STB to the SVid IN on the Hauppauge, I now have pretty good video quality. I now want to get the audio attached, What I currently do is just take the L and R out puts from the Cable STB and put them into the L and R inputs on the Hauppauge 150. But what if I want full 5.1 input form the cable box, how do I get that inputted in to the PC? I know that I can get my sound card to output either TOS link or RCA digital to the reciever but how do I get the sound IN from the STB? What happens if I have three of these 150s in a PC, how does it work then?

My current setup is like this...
PC connects via video1 svideo to my home theater reciever (sony ES) for video and the sound card connects to the L and R inputs for video1 using an RCA type connection.

My DVD Player connects to the Sony Es Home theater reciever via svideo and fiber TOS link for audio.

I don't see a digital input for audio on any of the hauppaug TV cards.
Old 01-25-2007, 01:00 AM
Administrator

The Hauppauge tuners create recordings only with audio recorded in stereo format. As far as I know, to get more than that, you would have to record the digital stream instead of using an analog tuner, whether that is done via firewire from the STB, QAM with some of the newer solutions, OTA HDTV, or maybe a couple other things I'm forgetting.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-25-2007, 05:50 AM
Sage Icon

If you want 5.1 in that situation, you could get a motherboard with DD Live, or DTS Connect...or an Auzentech sound card.

P