SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 01-25-2007, 12:52 PM
Sage User

All channels showing "No Signal" - but tuning preview works!

I've got a Hauppauge Nova-T 500 (twin DVB tuners on same card) and I can successfully tune all available channels, and the preview during the tuning even shows a live TV picture.

But then when I choose to view Live TV on the main menu, all channels show 'No Signal'. Signal strength for most channels shows as 100%.

Any suggestions?

I'm using SageTV 6.0.19 and the latest BDA drivers from Hauppauge.

Thanks!
Steve.
Old 01-25-2007, 01:56 PM
Sage User

Had a similar problem. Fixed it by reducing the default recording quality which I had set at the highest.
Old 01-25-2007, 02:57 PM
Sage User

Thanks for the suggestion, but I've tried that and it hasn't made any difference.

Steve.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:31 PM
Sage Aficionado

I have a similar problem, not only with my dual nova t 500 but also with a nova single tuner card and a nova t usb stick.

Many people (particularly from the UK?) are having issues with the built in sage dvb-t support; see this thread for details:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21783

You can use Anders' SBDA recorder but you may run into the same problem i have where it only lets you use 1 tuner from your novat t 500. Alternatively the my theatre plugin works well, although i haven't tried it with a dual tuner - i think you may need to run two instances of my theatre to get that working.
Old 01-26-2007, 02:47 AM
Sage User

Thanks for the reply!

Whilst experimenting last night, I found that if I went into the EPG, clicked a program and selected 'Watch Now', I get a signal every time, but it's a very broken-up digital signal (strength goes between 0% and 40%). The preview that I get in the background during tuning is a perfect signal, so something is obviously not right somewhere.

I didn't mention it in my first post, but very (very!) occasionally, such as when my computer has first booted up, the Live TV works perfectly (signal strength shows between 80% and 100%) . But if I exit Live TV and go back in, I get the 'No Signal' problem every time after that until I next reboot, and sometimes not even then.

I'll have a read through the thread in the link above.

Steve.