SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-26-2007, 03:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

Record series does not work anymore!

I updated to v. 6 and I am using sagemc 16x9 6.3.1 and now I can not use the record series button. When I press it nothing happens. Any suggestions?
Old 01-26-2007, 03:54 PM
Administrator

Do you have the same issue in the default STV?

Are you using XMLTV to get your EPG data? If so, you may need to update your XMLTV importer.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-26-2007, 04:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

I have the same problem with the default stv. I am using xmltv with sagetvxmltv importer version 1.8.2380 and have never had any problems before
Old 01-26-2007, 04:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by imstillme22
I have the same problem with the default stv. I am using xmltv with sagetvxmltv importer version 1.8.2380 and have never had any problems before
V6 changed something that the importer was relying on, and you need to update your importer to version 2.0 or later to work with v6
Old 01-26-2007, 09:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

Nope, still does not work. I updates sagetv XMLTV importer to 2.1 and ran it everything is fine with the guide but when I click "record series" no icon comes up but once in awhile the icon will pop up for a split second then go away! Any more ideas?
Old 01-27-2007, 07:26 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I updates sagetv XMLTV importer to 2.1 and ran it everything is fine with the guide but when I click "record series" no icon comes up but once in awhile the icon will pop up for a split second then go away!
Running the Importer just "prepare" the data to be imported by SageTV on its next schedule (every 24h). So you need to force SageTV to reload the data either by using the Web Server plugin or by disabling / enabling a channel in the SageTV lineup (in Setup Video Sources).

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 01-28-2007, 08:35 AM
Sage Advanced User

Yup I did that
Old 01-28-2007, 09:47 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Yup I did that
Are you able to search the program guide? With the first SageTV 6 beta when the Importer was not updated what was happening was :

* All favorites were gone after a guide update
* You cannot search the EPG

This was because all guide data imported wasn't flagged as "TV" in the database.

SageTV v6 was updated to expose a new API for the Importer and this has resolved the problem (you need SageTV 6.0.13 or newer and XMLTV Importer 2.0 or newer).

If you are really sure to have the right version of the Importer and SageTV running, then you should contact SageTV support.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:28 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Any more ideas?
When you installed the new version of the XMLTV Importer, did you shutdown SageTV. If not : then the Importer is not updated completely. So shutdown SageTV completely, uninstall and reinstall the Importer.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 01-28-2007, 04:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

Yes, I did all of that and still I get no icon for record series. I can search the epg
Old 01-28-2007, 08:10 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Yes, I did all of that and still I get no icon for record series. I can search the epg
"Record Series" on SageMC, if I'm correct, is the same thing as creating a Favorite and will only show for series, that is show with a ShowID that begins with "EP". In my opinion you will still be able to record all your show by creating a Favorite (using the "Advanced Record" button on SageMC.

You may ask specifically about this in the SageMC thread.

Also verify that you can specificall search for the show you want to record using "Record Series" and that you can find them (because SageTV may let you think you can search but in fact it will show you old data).

Regards,
Stéphane.