SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 01-28-2007, 09:04 AM
Sage User

PVR-150 Cannot Install this hardware

Howdy, boy I'm getting frustrated!!!! I have a AMD PC (ASUS mobo, 1.6ghz, 512MB, yada yada) Nvidia GeForce4 Ti4200 video card. I did a clean install of Windows XP, loaded up SP2, etc and got some other stuff running and then attempted the PVR-150 card install.

No matter what I try to do it always comes with the:
Found New Hardware Wizard
Cannot install this hardware

The hardware was not installed because the wizard cannot find the necesary software.

I've run the HWCLEAN program several times, removed the card, moved it to different PCI slots (I only have 3 and have tried all 3 of them). I have downloaded the cd_pvr150_27 drivers install kit from hauppage and still same end result.

I'm beginning to pull what is left of my hair out.

The only thing that I would think would be complicating things is I have a 4 port Video capture card that is based on Conexant's 878 chip. This I use to capture video from security cameras. I even tried pulling that card (I did not remove the drivers) and going through the same motions (HWCLEAR, move card, reboot, reload drivers, etc) and still no luck.

It is recognizing the card but for whatever reason can not seem to find the right driver or the driver can not load to the card or whatever.

I bought the card as the SAGETV Bundle so it is the NON-MCE card(because it has the IR blaster port on it), so it should be brand new ready to go.

Anyone have any other ideas???

I'll try to post a link to my DEVICE MANAGER screen shot:
Old 01-28-2007, 09:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantry
Howdy, boy I'm getting frustrated!!!! I have a AMD PC (ASUS mobo, 1.6ghz, 512MB, yada yada) Nvidia GeForce4 Ti4200 video card. I did a clean install of Windows XP, loaded up SP2, etc and got some other stuff running and then attempted the PVR-150 card install.

No matter what I try to do it always comes with the:
Found New Hardware Wizard
Cannot install this hardware

And when it see the device you're telling the wizard Not at this time and you tell it to seacrh the specific driver directory from install?
4A) On the first page, select 'No, not this time' and click Next.
4B) On the next page, select 'Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)' and click Next.
4C) On the next page you will be asked 'Please choose your search and installation options'. Select 'Search for driver in these locations' and then specify the extracted folder (the folder you extracted in step 1) You can also click the Browse button and browse for the directlry created in step 1.

You're not browsing dep enough in the directory. Look for a driver folder in one of the other folders where you extracted the files.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:53 AM
Sage User

And when it see the device you're telling the wizard Not at this time and you tell it to seacrh the specific driver directory from install?
4A) On the first page, select 'No, not this time' and click Next.
4B) On the next page, select 'Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)' and click Next.
4C) On the next page you will be asked 'Please choose your search and installation options'. Select 'Search for driver in these locations' and then specify the extracted folder (the folder you extracted in step 1) You can also click the Browse button and browse for the directlry created in step 1.

You're not browsing dep enough in the directory. Look for a driver folder in one of the other folders where you extracted the files.

Gerry

Thanks Gerry,
You only get the "Not at this time" if you have never answered "YES" to let windows search the internet for drivers, so now the hardware wizard comes right up to the second screen. To which I have tried to just let it go to the CD-ROM that came with the PVR-150 card or as I mentioned I have tried to point it to the location that I put the downloaded drivers. That directory is c:\Software Kits\PVR-150 Drivers\cd_pvr150_27 "C:\Software Kits\PVR-150 Drivers" is the location of where I put the download and when I expaned it, it created the cd_pvr150_27 directory.

So yes, I have taken the steps that you described. You mention that I'm not browsing deep enough and to look for the driver directory.
Now, I'm not sure how windows handles when you are browsing for drivers, it must be looking for a file extension or somehow but some directories you click on the "OK" button is still gray'ed out like there is no files there, or at least not the right type that it is looking for.
The directories that are underneath the cd_pvr150_27 directory are:
- DriverA2
64Bit
- Pvr
- SMD
- wintv2k
Helps

When I browse down through those from the Hardware Update/Install wizard the only ones that let the "OK" button be active are:
cd_pvr_150_27

If I try to click on any other the others, the OK button is just gray'ed out.
Old 01-28-2007, 12:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Download the drivers from here:
Release 2.7.25010
Follow the instructions in the post exactly. ALso the link for the install-there are pretty pictures.

If that doesn't work then you could try out of device manager. Right click the Multimedia Video controller and tell it you either want to update or install the driver. You should get the first page of the wizard where you can say no.

If it comes back after rebooting from hwclear and just starts applying a driver to it you haven't run all of hwclear correctly..

The above link is to SHSPVR website and fourm. You can get help there also.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:11 PM

try runing HcwDriverInstall.exe
Old 01-28-2007, 10:52 PM
Sage User

Guys, thanks for all your help but after another session of doing battle NO LUCK.

Following the SHS instructions I did the following:
1. Download the KIT
2. Extracted to \HCW2_7_25010PPA-GOLD
3. Ran HCW_UNREG
4. Ran HWCLEAR and selected REMOVE EVERYTHING
5. REBOOTED
6. Found new HW wizard came up. Didn't cancel it.
7. Ran HWCLAR again.
8. REGEDT32 and looked for anything that sounded like it may be related.
9. Checked Device Manager and made sure there was nothing there, no yellow, no multimedia device, etc.
10. Rebooted
11. Found New HW wizard came up.
12. Checked Install from a list.....
13. Next
14. Unchecked SEARCH CD-ROM
15. Browsed to \HCW2_7_25010-PRA-GOLD directory from the extract.
16 OK
17. NEXT

Please wait......

Can not Install........

Even tried the Device Manager, click on Multimedia Video controller with the yellow ! and then did a INSTALL FROM and again pointed to the \HCW2_7.... directory. Same thing

Next I tried running the HWINSTALL quoted above.

That errors with a "DRIVERS HAVE NOT BEEN UPDATED. COMPATIBLE HARDWARE NOT FOUND" Click to exit.

I knew this was going to be a project, but I didn't know it was going to be this bad.....

I'm open for more ideas....

Another question, is there a different TV card that will work with my DISHNETWORK 301 receiver. I'm going to need it to have some type of IR blaster so SAGETV will be able to change the Channel on the DISHNETWORK reciever.

Also, will SAGETV take back the PVR-150 card? (I hope so....)
Old 01-30-2007, 12:03 AM
Sage Fanatic

See if this helps:

Run HWCLEAR but do NOT reboot yet.

1) Open the Registry Editor via START BUTTON --> RUN --> REGEDIT

2) Hitting ENTER after typing REGEDIT will bring up the Registry Editor. Navigate, by expanding the "folders" in the leftmost windowpane, to the key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\ENUM\PCI

3) Right-click on the "PCI" entry in the leftmost windowpane and select "Permissions." The "Permissions for PCI" window will open.

4) Highlight "SYSTEM" under the "Group or user names:" list at the top of the window.

5) The "Permissions for SYSTEM" section will appear near the bottom of the window. Ensure that the boxes in the "Allow" column labeled "Full Control" and "Read" are checked. Hit the "Advanced" button.

6) The "Advanced Security Settings for PCI" window will appear. On the "Permissions" tab, highlight the entry for Name "Everyone." At the bottom of the window, make sure that:
- the "Inherit from parent..." checkbox is NOT checked
- the "Replace permission entries..." checkbox IS checked.
Hit "Apply" to close that screen, and "Apply" if available, or "OK" if it is not, to close the others.

Reboot and try Re-installing the drivers for WinTV.

Been there, done that.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:32 AM
Sage User

joe123, it sounded like a GREAT plan, I followed it letter by letter and still same end result. I tried installing from the CD-ROM that came with the PVR-150 and with the drivers I've downloaded and same end result.

Are there any other TV cards with IR blaster that people have used?

I assume if I get a TV card that does not have built in IR blaster support that the USB-IRT will handle the IR blaster part of the job.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:24 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantry
joe123, it sounded like a GREAT plan, I followed it letter by letter and still same end result. I tried installing from the CD-ROM that came with the PVR-150 and with the drivers I've downloaded and same end result.
I have two WinTV PVR-150's (one with IR blaster, one without) and when I originally set them up, I almost pulled out my hairs trying to make them work.

I found that the CDROM drivers conflicted. It would work for one tunner, but not for the other (and vise versa) and I had to do all kinds of mickey mouse stuff to get them to work.

All of this was fixed in my case with the latest drivers from Hauppauge which were relased this month. Have you tried contacting Hauppauge and see what they say?

I guess I must like torture because I recently bought a 3rd WinTV PVR-150 and I now have a different problem where when installed, it conflicts with my video card IRQ (code 12). I contacted Hauppauge but they have not offered any solutions yet.

Sorry it did not work for you. Trust me when I say I feel for ya.

EDIT: One last suggestion: If you have a store near by where you can buy/return a WinTV PVR-150 card with no problems is to buy it and try it. If it works, you can keep it and return the orignal one, or return the working one and contact the vendor for a refund/exchange of the non-working one.

Last edited by joe123; 01-30-2007 at 11:28 AM.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:57 PM
Sage User

joe123, thanks again. I think when I tried your proceedure I believe I tried the CD-ROM drivers, some otherones that I downloaded, but not the latest and greatest that I've been pointed to. I'll try to try that tomorrow. Right now I'm woking on our house which has frozen water lines......
Old 02-06-2007, 05:32 PM
Sage User

***************UPDATE***************

Well, I have the card installed and the drivers loaded!!!! FINALLY. I was exchanging email's with George at SAGETV and he said that Hauppauge send SAGETV HVR-1600's instead of PVR-150's so what could have happened was that SageTV sent me a HVR-1600 and the CD-ROM for a PVR-150.

So, I downloaded the HVR-1600 drivers from hauppauge and ran the install. PRESTO Drivers installed just fine.

Now I'll proceed at installing SAGETV and the IR BLASTER STUFF.

Thanks again, for your help. Glad we got this figured out.

So if anyone else has trouble and can not get drivers to install, DOUBLE check that your card REALLY is a PVR-150. It should say it on the TUNER portion of the card.