SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Linux
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Linux Discussion related to the SageTV Media Center for Linux. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV Linux should be posted here.

Old 01-28-2007, 09:34 AM
Sage Advanced User

Linux 6.0.14.1 installed, should I upgrade?

I'm having some questions about the stability of 6.0.14.1 since I'm having quite a few issues. I'll list them and I'd love your comments on whether I should upgrade or not.

1: System locks frequently, known good hardware and clean install of 6.0.14.1 following complete formatting and reinstall of OS.

2: Brand new pvr-500 has incredibly noisy\low volume recordings. I disabled both tuners and have been operating without since I haven't had time to test and diagnose the problem

3: I've lost the wiz.bin file 3 times. I had to reboot the network a couple of times and during that process the wiz.bin just died. All the recordings were transferred to imported videos but then the system wouldn't work since there was no available disk space. Recreating favorites didn't help the WAF much either.

Anyway, should I upgrade? Also, I poked around a bit here and I couldn't locate any upgrade instructions for Sage. I'm sure I'm missing them though.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:39 AM
Sage Advanced User

Btw, it was the first tuner on the pvr-500 that I was having a problem with. I disabled just that one and I'm operating ok now, I believe.

Still looking for opinions on upgrading though. Instructions would be helpful also.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekard
Btw, it was the first tuner on the pvr-500 that I was having a problem with. I disabled just that one and I'm operating ok now, I believe.

Still looking for opinions on upgrading though. Instructions would be helpful also.
I would think any issues you would have the first thing they would tell you is it's either addressed in the final version or upgrade to the final and see if it fixes it. It looks like it wouldn't be painful.

Quote:
If you did the Gentoo install according to our instructions, then to upgrade just go to the shell and type these 2 commands:

wget http://download.sage.tv/linuxweb/sageupgrade.sh
sh sageupgrade.sh

That will then download the latest versions of SageTV for Linux for you and extract them to the /opt/sagetv folder (the default install location).
But make sure
Quote:
[ *** If you are updating from a previous version you should make a copy of your old Wiz.bin in /opt/sagetv/usr to /var/media if you wish to keep your recordings. This can be done with the following commands assuming a default install of the previous version :
mount /dev/hda1 /mnt/gentoo
cp /mnt/gentoo/opt/sagetv/usr/Wiz.bin .
umount /mnt/gentoo
mount /dev/hda3 /mnt/gentoo
cp Wiz.bin /mnt/gentoo
umount /dev/hda3
]
Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:07 AM
Sage Advanced User

Ok, I'm following the upgrade instructions now. The current wiz.bin is a brand new copy with next to no information in it so I'll not worry about that this time.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:05 AM

Send a message via ICQ to _Demo_
If that doesn't solve your card issue you might want to try to install a more recent kernel and ivtv driver. If you do that you will also need the latest control code for ivtv cards in this post:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...8&postcount=28

_Demo_